Tunze Osmolator

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Tunze Osmolator ATO, and it works great. However, I'm frustrated with the noise. It's a loud little pump, and my ATO container is outside of my stand.

Is there a different pump I could buy to replace the tunze pump that is as silent as possible, but still works with the little controller and sensors?

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make a adapter kit to allow dif pumps but it's $75. I'm going to try it since I'm frustrated with the noise myself. I'm going to try Neptune's pump instead.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make a adapter kit to allow dif pumps but it's $75. I'm going to try it since I'm frustrated with the noise myself. I'm going to try Neptune's pump instead.

what reason did they make this product? I'm guessing it's not because they are admitting their pump is loud?

I would just buy a different ATO, time you buy that and the new pump.

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what reason did they make this product? I'm guessing it's not because they are admitting their pump is loud?

I would just buy a different ATO, time you buy that and the new pump.
I did think about getting a different ato but what one? The osmolator by far has the best reputation.

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Tunze ATO and how often do you hear this noise ?

I haven’t set up mine yet (3155) and I hope I’m not disappointed with the noise.
I have the regular one. The pump itself is noisy when it runs.

I'd like to change the little pump, but keep the controller and sensors. They seem awesome. I have no complaints with functionality, but I'd like to find a pump that is nearly silent so that I don't even know it's running.

Every time it runs now, you definitely know it. The sound of water hitting the sump is fine. But the pump is next level loud.

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've heard the Neptune system isn't great (reviews are pretty bad, and I have an apex).

Just not sure what pump to use that is nearly silent for this purpose.

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have u turned it upside down while running to make sure all air is out of the pump? They are notorious for having issues with air sticking in the motor.

Have you tried to make sure the pump doesn’t touch the side of the ATO tank?

Also, I would imagine that a larger ATO tank would help absorb the noise too. I hardly hear mine.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They get a lot quieter on some of those 3d printed stands. I have seen them on ebay and amazon before, and heard that there are plans if you are a 3d printer yourself (no idea on the last one).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 90 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back