Tunze placement 72"L x 36"w peninsula

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger,
You helped me on RC a few years back with placing pumps in my 72" x 36" peninsula. I have two stream 3. I tried both on the overflow side and they worked well. Definitely plenty of power to reach the far side even at 40%. However I don't like having a permanent gyre flow where coral tend to grow in one direction and fish are always swimming against the strong current. I prefer to mimic more typical reef conditions with gentle tide surging in then out as compared to the current on reefs of Cozumel.

Now I have the stream 3s on opposite ends how they would be setup in a non-peninsula tank. It provides pretty good flow throughout the whole tank. Even the side without the pumps. But the flow there is obviously lower flow due to tank width. If I had no other options, I'd would be content with this current setup.

I'm debating putting both stream 3 back on the overflow side and adding a single 6255 or 6155 on the opposite end in the middle pointing back down the middle towards the 2 stream 3s. Do you think this setup would work well? Or would I need 2 additional pumps so each is more directly opposite the stream 3s?

Thanks!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be worth trying one, my home tank is 84 by 30 and I use 4 Stream 3, 2 in wave mode, 2 creating a pulsed flow. I do think another pump would be worthwhile and you could try one and add a second as needed. These two pumps are so close in performance, 6255 has a wider flow and a much stronger magnet for 1" glass, 6155 includes a 3/4" magnet.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as my next build is 72x36x24 peninsula and have no idea on how to push water for acropora. I was thinking 2 stream 3 with the directional attachment so they can be placed facing up but not sure it works that great. Maybe 4 6105s. 2 on the overflow and two on view side facing each other. My current 47"x22x21 tank I have 4 6095s. Two on each side facing each other all on random ita plenty for 4 feet. If the 6105 has a wide flow is think 4 facing each other would be enough???

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back