Tunze Skimmer making loud noise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rvito Why can I not hook my 9001 ac up to a controller. I have found if I turn the unit on and off sometimes it does not run. Is the unit only for continues use.
I had no idea it would last ten years my other tunes pump did not last so long

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be connected to a timer but generally AC pumps are not controllable, control of an AC motor requires complex electronics that regulate Hz and V precisely and they have to be designed specifically to the motor being used and this generally costs more than a DC pump and is not very sensical as you have all the costs, but none of the added safety of low voltage. If the pump does not restart, the most common issue is that it is dirty, this pump is very low wattage, it is similar to a very small car engine in that regard, very fuel efficient, but it doesn't have the oomph to overcome an obstacle, it is critical that the pump is cleaned regularly. Every 4-6 months the motor should be removed, the impeller and impeller cover removed, the nipple for air inlet on the impeller cover cleaned of salt creep and the motor and impeller cleaned so no lime scale remains. If it does not restart when clean, the impeller is likely bad, weak magnet, broken, etc.

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rvitko how much more quite is the dc version compared to the regular 9001.

Im continplating buying a new skimmer

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rvitko how much more quite is the dc version compared to the regular 9001.

Im continplating buying a new skimmer
I have both. The non dc 9410 is a backup skimmer.
I cant hear my 9410dc run.
I run a 9430dc also and you cant hear it run either.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The odds of getting a 9001DC this year are slim to none and this noise difference is minimal. Without a steady supply of chips, DC skimmers will be very hard to come by.

Back