Tunze smell

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
907
Location
TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hi BRS,

I am building a new Red Sea Reefer XL 300 G2. I purchased all of my items through BRS. One item I just opened to install a few days ago, is a Tunze Wavebox 6208.

I almost fell over when I opened the box. It smells like a skunk. I'm not talking a little plastic package odor, I'm talking full on jerk it away from your nose stench.

I don't want this anywhere near my water smelling like this. Can you tell me if you've ever experienced this before?

Thanks and let me know.

20221014_171755.jpg
 
It looks like Roger from Tunze has already replied to your post on their sponsor section. If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

For those curious about Roger's answer to this question, you can view that post here: :)
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/nedd-help-new-tunze-wavebox.942112/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new