Tunze Tank!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post a link to my nano which is pretty much a Tunze tank! I have a 9004 DC which I absolutely love and 2 Tunze 6040's which at the speed I run them, are near silent. Both pumps have a Tunze Safety connector for battery backup. I even clean the glass using the Tunze Care Magnet (I have both the long and nano versions!). I feel I need to post this as I was critical of Tunze in one post for the quality of a new 6095 I had a while back. After owning 2 other 6095's for 8 years without any issues and are still running today, I had a problem on a new third one I purchase where the power cable had warn to expose bare wire and the knob on the controller broke off. That really put me off buying Tunze again however, when I setup my new nano, I thought I would go back to Tunze on everything and boy, am I glad I did. The 9004 DC sucks the crud off the water surface keeping it crystal clean while producing some good skimate. Every nano should have one! The Safety connectors are one of the best bit of kits Tunze makes allowing people to use whatever battery backup they choose.

On the whole, I am very pleased with everything and good to see the quality is still there. All Tunze need to do now is make a heater and improve their lighting and my tank would be a complete Tunze setup!

Just some customer feedback which I hope is useful.

Many thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, this really makes my day and honestly, the whole teams. As hard as it is as a customer to hear we are out of something, it is even harder to live the shortages day in and day out for months on end, so this sort of good news is what makes the struggle worth it.

On that 6095, if you still have it, I would contact Tunze UK, we are replacing motors that have this issue due to a cable defect even well past warranty, the only reason it would not be covered is if it was due to an urchin, or other chewing or cutting damage, but we did have a bad batch of cable in late 2016. FWIW, ever since then, we source our cables from Germany and increasingly we have moved to all German made components whenever possible to avoid these sorts of issues with questionable quality control suppliers.

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post a link to my nano which is pretty much a Tunze tank! I have a 9004 DC which I absolutely love and 2 Tunze 6040's which at the speed I run them, are near silent. Both pumps have a Tunze Safety connector for battery backup. I even clean the glass using the Tunze Care Magnet (I have both the long and nano versions!). I feel I need to post this as I was critical of Tunze in one post for the quality of a new 6095 I had a while back. After owning 2 other 6095's for 8 years without any issues and are still running today, I had a problem on a new third one I purchase where the power cable had warn to expose bare wire and the knob on the controller broke off. That really put me off buying Tunze again however, when I setup my new nano, I thought I would go back to Tunze on everything and boy, am I glad I did. The 9004 DC sucks the crud off the water surface keeping it crystal clean while producing some good skimate. Every nano should have one! The Safety connectors are one of the best bit of kits Tunze makes allowing people to use whatever battery backup they choose.

On the whole, I am very pleased with everything and good to see the quality is still there. All Tunze need to do now is make a heater and improve their lighting and my tank would be a complete Tunze setup!

Just some customer feedback which I hope is useful.

Many thanks
Let’s see a pic of the Tunze tank!
I must agree the 9004DC is my favorite skimmer ever.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, this really makes my day and honestly, the whole teams. As hard as it is as a customer to hear we are out of something, it is even harder to live the shortages day in and day out for months on end, so this sort of good news is what makes the struggle worth it.

On that 6095, if you still have it, I would contact Tunze UK, we are replacing motors that have this issue due to a cable defect even well past warranty, the only reason it would not be covered is if it was due to an urchin, or other chewing or cutting damage, but we did have a bad batch of cable in late 2016. FWIW, ever since then, we source our cables from Germany and increasingly we have moved to all German made components whenever possible to avoid these sorts of issues with questionable quality control suppliers.
No problem, I am glad it made your day! I am really loving the 9004 DC skimmer. I have had a 9004 before but I am pleased I opted for the 9004 DC version, so easy to control. It is absolutely perfect for a Nano with the built in surface skimming. Because I am wet skimming at the moment, I am now considering the holiday cup so I do not need to empty it each day and that looks like it may help. The other thing I might consider is the Macro Algae Reactor 3181 if my carbon dosing does not work out for me (this is why I am wet skimming). My only problem is I would need the reactor below the aquarium (no sump) so not sure that would work and how best to hide the tubing coming out of the tank. As you can see from the picture, the skimmer fits in nicely and to me, is a clean fit to the aquarium. I am working on hiding the C02 scrubber as that looks a little out of place.

As for the 6095, I stupidly did not keep it and I threw it away but thank you for the offer as I would have taken that up! Never mind.

Many thanks

IMG_20211119_113751246.jpg

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see a pic of the Tunze tank!
I must agree the 9004DC is my favorite skimmer ever.

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fantastic! I love tanks with large corals. Well done.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko Sorry, a quick question. I am thinking of making a change to what is not referred to as the Tunze aquarium! I am looking into using the Tunze holiday cup as I am wet skimming at the moment and sick and tired of emptying the collection cup on my Tunze 9004 DC. Do you know how long the tube is that comes with the holiday cup as I want to see if it will reach the bottom of my stand?

Many thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 meters, it should be plenty of hose for most cases and they include a really nice silicon hose.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back