Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6095

Savage Henry

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Messages
323
Reaction score
259
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Seeking opinions on the Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6095 - (2000-9500 L/Hr).

I’d be using it in a Waterbox Marine X 60.2, which has about 100 L (about 26 gallons) of free water.

Would like to know the minimum power/rate it can be run at? Do the instructions recommend a minimum
Power level?

Would a 6055 be better?

I am also considering a 6045, which is not controllable.
 
I would step it down to the 6055. Even at the minimum flow (2000L/h) on the 6095, that will be 20X turnover rate. You can do the 6055 which has 1000-5500 L/h. That way you can run it higher if needed, but you can't turn the 6095 down past 2000L/h.
 
The 6040 or 6075 would be better. I use a 6040 on my WB 25g and it’s plenty. It’s also super small so it doesn’t stick way out into the tank
 
Thanks for the info.

I was running a 6045 before until the cord broke. It did disturb the sand a bit. I am currently running a 6025 until I get a new pump. I would probably like a 40 x turnover so probably thinking of 4000 L/hr.
 
I was looking at the 6040 too. Tunze don’t seem to be as easy to get in Australia as they use to be. Many stores are out of stock.
 
I ended up ordering a 6055.

Heard opinions the 6040 are noisy? Any opinions on that (though it doesn’t matter for me, but for others reading this …)

I lost the 6025 in the same way I lost my last 6045. Broken cord at the pump with corrosion on copper wire. Dead snails. Ammonia spike. Tank crash!

I hope this doesn’t happen with a new pump.
 
I have 3 6040's, two of which are at least 10 years old and they don't make noise. The only time I hear them is when a snail gets between the housing and the glass and vibrates against the glass. Sorry to hear about the other pump, but it's pretty rare that Tunze's have this problem.
 
My 6040 is super quiet. Pulse mode is loud as it clacks every time it turns on and off but I don’t find that a useful mode
 
My 6040 is super quiet. Pulse mode is loud as it clacks every time it turns on and off but I don’t find that a useful mode

While not the 6040 I will say as a new Tunze user of a 6105 these power heads have some serious torque. I was playing around with short pulses yesterday and I can see the whole power head snap back lightly from the stop and start reaction.

Obviously there is a bit of glass thickness at play here but I was not expecting this. I had swapped the cover, cages, to the closed center and plan to swap over to the open one today to see how the flow changes.

Anyway unrelated I know but as I read the comment on pulse this is what crossed my mind. Powerful they are.
 
While not the 6040 I will say as a new Tunze user of a 6105 these power heads have some serious torque. I was playing around with short pulses yesterday and I can see the whole power head snap back lightly from the stop and start reaction.

Obviously there is a bit of glass thickness at play here but I was not expecting this. I had swapped the cover, cages, to the closed center and plan to swap over to the open one today to see how the flow changes.

Anyway unrelated I know but as I read the comment on pulse this is what crossed my mind. Powerful they are.

Yes, Tunze pumps are poewrful beasts and easily the best I’ve ever used.
 
The noise I was told about apparently was a clicking sound as the power changes direction or something. I don’t know - I’ve never seen one working in a tank.

I bought the 6055 cause it was available and it was reduced price. It appears in Australia there is an issue with availability so I got the last one from a shop.

I have little negative to say about the Tunze pumps. The two I lost within the last few months were over ten years old. One I had bought new, the other was second. The cords on each had hardened and had lost their flexibility.

With the new one, I plan to inspect it regularly and when I place it in the tank I am going to try and have as little pressure on the cord. I don’t want to have the cord twisting at the power head because maybe that’s what has caused them to break overtime???

All I can say is, copper was lost from the exposed wires - I can actually see this. My Stomatella snails died dramatically and the tank experienced an ammonia spike. So I want to avoid this happening a third time.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new