tunze wavebox 6208

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko

I got a 6208 but I am not getting a good wave in my 140 dt. sizes are 63" x 25.2" x 23.6" ( height)
I am not sure If I am doing it correctly.
any tips on how to set it up?
the wave box has a 19mm cap that I took off. Cap needs to be off correct?

thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure which cap you are referring to, but I assume the translucent one in the back, this should not be removed, we want the box to displace water, it needs to empty and fill. The key is the controller. We need to be in wave mode. There is one specific frequency for each tank size and layout that will yield the maximum wave. What controller do you have 7090 or 7092?

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko
I have the 7092 controller.
I lost the traslucent cap of the back that you are mentioning, is there I way I can get a replacement of one of those??

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the 7092, you will set it to auto adjust in wavemode, you hold the button 2 seconds and it will start scrolling through the freqeuncies. Keep in mind that about 3/4" of the box should be above water so it can take in air, we want it to empty and fill creating a displacement surge. When you see a wave form that is more or less a perfect seesaw, hit auto adjust again and it will lock it in, you can then use + and - to fine tune and try to maximize the wave. For the cap, I need to check what I have on hand, it is part 3166.050

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko
thanks Roger
let me know about the replacement cap.
it is a brand new wave box and the cap got mistaken with trash unfortunately.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have a couple here, can you PM me your address?

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the 7092, you will set it to auto adjust in wavemode, you hold the button 2 seconds and it will start scrolling through the freqeuncies. Keep in mind that about 3/4" of the box should be above water so it can take in air, we want it to empty and fill creating a displacement surge. When you see a wave form that is more or less a perfect seesaw, hit auto adjust again and it will lock it in, you can then use + and - to fine tune and try to maximize the wave. For the cap, I need to check what I have on hand, it is part 3166.050
Roger
I placed something temporal for closing the hole of the missing cap and I did auto adjust wavemode but the box only empties around 2 -3 cms of water. I see there are around 10 cms more of water that could go down in the wavebox before sucking air to create a better wave. is there something else I could try to increase the wave?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get a photo of how it is installed? We don't want it to go down all the way and how much it drops is dependent on frequency, the longer the pump runs the more it pumps down. The main thing is to make sure the pump is assembled (they often come apart in shipping so the front housing is not attached) and make sure the box is not submerged too deep. With the lid open, of course water comes in the top more easily and it drops less. To get an accurate assessment you may need to raise it to see how much it really drops.

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger here is a photo
wavebox.jpg

let me know what you think
thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounting looks good, keep in mind that unless the overflow water level is nearly equal to the tank though, the wave height is reduced by spilling into the overflow. Is the pump fully assembled inside the box? Is the power supply either a 6095.240 or a 6055.240 that the 24V jumper was installed? We did send the cap. 6055.240 usually comes set with 18V jumper and there is a bag of 5 more, the higher the voltage the stronger the pump.

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounting looks good, keep in mind that unless the overflow water level is nearly equal to the tank though, the wave height is reduced by spilling into the overflow. Is the pump fully assembled inside the box? Is the power supply either a 6095.240 or a 6055.240 that the 24V jumper was installed? We did send the cap. 6055.240 usually comes set with 18V jumper and there is a bag of 5 more, the higher the voltage the stronger the pump.
Roger,

the pump was not correctly installed inside the box, ow the wave looks better
not sure what you mean by:
Is the power supply either a 6095.240 or a 6055.240 that the 24V jumper was installed?
6055.240 usually comes set with 18V jumper and there is a bag of 5 more, the higher the voltage the stronger the pump.

do you mean adjusting the red screw in the photo bellow would give a higher wave?
wave.jpg

thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe a 6208 has the red knob, generally the wavebox power was adjusted by jumpers on the power supply. At least in the past, they used power supply 6055.240. If yours has power supply 6095.240 (newer) then it is always 24V and their is nothing to adjust.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back