Tunze wavebox 6214 review!?

alexjaundrell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2021
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
Location
cv7 8hh
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for my new build I want to have a constant wave and I’m thinking of going down the wavebox route.
I am however struggling to find reviews of people that actually use them! So my questions are;
- would you recommend one?
- what’s their pro’s and con’s
- what’s their maintenance like (I have a reef wave 45 and hate it because it needs maintaining every week!)
-Finally, noise!? How loud are they?
 
Been using Tunze waveboxes for over a decade. They sound like other Tunze pumps. If you have a long tank, they move 100% of the water all of the time. They don't work well in square tanks. I will likely never use a tank without one. Like other Tunze stuff, it seldom needs anything. You can build your own acrylic box and put a Tunze controllable pump into - I have some photos of this in my build thread where I use 6100 or 6105 in the homemade box.
 
Upvote 0
The plan is to use it on my new 40 inch cube along with two MP40’s. So I’m not sure what model I’d go for but if making one is easy enough I may give that a go!
 
Upvote 0
For whatever reason, they do not work well on short tanks as stated above. I have one on a 60" tank that works great, but the one on my 42X24X24 will not develop a wave or much motion.
 
Upvote 0
Been using Tunze waveboxes for over a decade. They sound like other Tunze pumps. If you have a long tank, they move 100% of the water all of the time. They don't work well in square tanks. I will likely never use a tank without one. Like other Tunze stuff, it seldom needs anything. You can build your own acrylic box and put a Tunze controllable pump into - I have some photos of this in my build thread where I use 6100 or 6105 in the homemade box.
Do you still like the Wavebox 6214? I am thinking about getting one for a 8 foot peninsula.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new