OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lbacha thanks. There is a bit more space than it appears behind the rock but I will consider moving it forward some.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying I'm not a computer wiz by any means. Lol. This is definitely a project that if I was able to do it so can anyone else that has an apex and knows some basic coding for it. I just did ALOT of YouTube searching and googling.

Key switches, one for
Water change cuts off- return pumps, gyre, heater and ato.

The other for when I target feed.
Shuts off return pumps, ato and defers the gyre for 2 minutes the shuts it off.
-I'm going to be using polyp booster so that'll give it 2 minutes to spread it around the display with out it going through the filter socks and getting wasted.

A few people asked why not just set up a virtual outlet or use the feed buttons.

This way when I go on vacation and if I get someone to do some chores for me while I'm going they don't have to long in to fusion, or fidget with the display, and turn off other settings, etc. Turn the key and take care of business. Also with the key there can't be any accidental bumps and turn off everything.

The key is a simple 2 post switch. It doesn't matter which post goes to the outlets on the break out box. one post goes to the ground and the other post goes to one of the one through six switches.

20180407_205030.jpg

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also able to build my first acrylic project to hold my cheato in one of the back chambers.

7110-5b1b96839d0a9103bd3ca693215542ae.jpg

7111-a6b176cd62fab7dc2cd4fdf77fb8727b.jpg

Teddy00024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Subscribed to follow along with the build. How does the low-iron glass from this tank compare to the old JBJ 45?

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Teddy00024 thanks. I never had the old jbj so I cant compare but compared to my old tank its a huge difference.

@dbl the stand definitely came out great. My father in law does some great work when it comes to wood working.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my pods from www.podyourreef.comon Monday and received them today. I met one of the owners (Josh) at MACNA and he was very nice. I will definitely be doing more business with them in the future for sure. Highly recommended them for your pods. The package came nicely packaged in thermal protective bubble wrap package inside of a box. Also included in the box was a hand written note, PodYourReef sticker and a swedish fish. All very nice touches.

20180518_185020.jpg

20180518_185103.jpg

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like caribsea rock? any ugly algea, high phosphates?
have you cure rock?

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I receive my 65 JBJ this week so definitely following.

Sorry I have not updated in a while. Tank is doing good. The algea reactor is doing great also. I'm pulling out extra cheato every 2-3 weeks. Finding out that filter socks are a pain in the butt. I added a 10 gallon top off tank in my cabinet that last quite a while. So that and my auto feeder make it almost cruise control. I'm doing water changes every 2 weeks. Im sure you'll love the tank.

how do you like caribsea rock? any ugly algea, high phosphates? have you cure rock?

So I went on vacation for just over a week and forgot to tell my tank sitter not to mess with the auto feeder. I had it set for a small amount and if you wouldn't see it drop food you'd think food wont fall out because of how I have it set.. so with that being said the adjusted it and it was dumping large amounts of food for at least 7 days. And I was seeing algea when I got home and didn't know why. Then I realized my food dispenser was empty and it had been messed with I knew what the issue was. So I'm doing my extra water change volume to try and knock down the algea.
To answer your question... I never had any issues with algea before this. I highly recommend the rock.

harthag12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tupes, I saw on your local forum you went with a reef octopus 2 for the return. Did you T it off to both returns and hows it working for you compared to the stock pumps. I started work on my stand yesterday so Im still a few weeks away from mine getting wet.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tupes, I saw on your local forum you went with a reef octopus 2 for the return. Did you T it off to both returns and hows it working for you compared to the stock pumps. I started work on my stand yesterday so Im still a few weeks away from mine getting wet.

I put in a "y" fitting and split it. I can definitely tell a difference that it does not push as hard as the stock pumps did but it does do the job being teamed up with the gyre 150. I bought the GYM module for the apex I just need time off work to make wave patterns for different times of day.

Teddy00024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please update us on recent pictures of the build! Curious to see overall progression of the system as there aren’t many pictures online of the JBJ flat panel tanks.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please update us on recent pictures of the build! Curious to see overall progression of the system as there aren’t many pictures online of the JBJ flat panel tanks.
I'll take a photo this evening when I get home.

I really like that stand.
Thanks, it really came out nice.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teddy. I apologize that I still have not taken a photo. I promise that I will tomorrow

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back