Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is doing good.

So far for fish I have
-Yellow coris wrasse
-leopard wrasse
-4 red firefish
-pajama cardinal

And I'm going to be adding a yellow or purple tang.

Also got another surprise that I'll post a photo of tomorrow.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised... Upgrading light to 2 Hydra 26 HDs.

20190808_171317.jpg

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having the gyre running for a while and definitely does a great job with flow keeping the flow at about 20-30% I have the Icecap gem module and I need to get around to programing it with different flow for different times during the day.

I took my macro algea out for now because it was full of hail algea which is kind of disappointing because it was full of pods. Now I'm going to be running Chemipure for a little while until I figure that out.

Next plan is I'm thinking about putting a dosing system online. Doing some test this week to see how my numbers are doing.

Also thinking about a protein skimmer just don't know which. Any recommendations.?

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you drill tank to get water to refugium/sump. Can you post some pics how you have it. Thanks CJ

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you drill tank to get water to refugium/sump. Can you post some pics how you have it. Thanks CJ

This is an all in one tank, so there is no refugium. the back of the tank is a false wall and that is where all the filtration takes place. Here is a photo of the back. Water flows into each side through a filter sock the around two baffles and into the return area.

The photos I had posted earlier in this thread of my cheato grow area was in the are on the left where the filter sock is. I took the sock out and put in cheato with a grow light attached to the back glass to shine inward.

20200222_215729.jpg

Back