Turbo snails for my 65g

ChrisfromBrick

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
4,918
Location
Brick, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right now I have about 4-5 mexican turbos in my tank and a reasonable but by no means bad amount of hair algae. Would adding 2-3 more be an issue with them starving some day? Maybe a few ceriths as well. I have other snails too mind you including 2 conchs, some nassarius, a few trochus and othersand a few blue leg hermits. I want some real powerful guys

Unless someone can recommend a few more that are even better than. turbo snails?
 
no issues with adding more. generally, people buy more than needed as there is usually some die off.

reefcleaners.org has some clean up crew bundles based off tank size or need.
 
4-5 turbos is plenty for that size, they get huge over time. Add some trochus instead!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new