Turf algae microscope slide

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tangdora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tangdora

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2020
Messages
899
Reaction score
510
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
For anyone who has battled turf algae in the past. Do you by chance have a microscopic slide of your case so that I can compare my sample against. Looking to confirm that’s what really starting to emerge so that I can take the appropriate actions.

Thanks

20250603_004659.png
 
Hi
For anyone who has battled turf algae in the past. Do you by chance have a microscopic slide of your case so that I can compare my sample against. Looking to confirm that’s what really starting to emerge so that I can take the appropriate actions.

Thanks

20250603_004659.png
This photo is probably too out of focus to be of much use.
 
Hi
For anyone who has battled turf algae in the past. Do you by chance have a microscopic slide of your case so that I can compare my sample against. Looking to confirm that’s what really starting to emerge so that I can take the appropriate actions.

Thanks

20250603_004659.png
The strands I see look like green hair algae but need clearer pic
 
Hi
For anyone who has battled turf algae in the past. Do you by chance have a microscopic slide of your case so that I can compare my sample against. Looking to confirm that’s what really starting to emerge so that I can take the appropriate actions.

Thanks

20250603_004659.png
It does not look like bryopsis. But probably gha.
 
Will try to get a better shot later and pull off a new sample. The three camera on the back of an iPhone get funky when close up to the micro scope. Don’t believe it’s gha as it’s doesn’t grow more than like a half in. This particular biopsy came form like moss ball like clump in the sand. But I’ll scrape the next off the rock itself when I get off work.
 
Don’t think this will be of much more help but it’s the best I could get my phone to focus to.
20250604_011951.png


20250604_012001.png


20250604_012010.png


20250604_012016.png


20250604_012017.png


20250604_012026.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new