Turn Off AI Prime LED with App?

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two fresh water AI primes that are about a year old. They have Wifi in them and I can turn them off with the APP. Today I got an AI Prime HD saltwater LED and learned that they only have bluetooth in them. I was not aware of this feature reduction when I bought the light but can live with it assuming I can still rurn the light off whith the app. How do you do this? On my old lights there is a simple manual OFF button. I am not seeing this with the new light.

Here is the list of the lights (old wifi ones on top).
IMG_3305.PNG

New light with no manual "OFF" button.
IMG_3304.PNG

Older fiture with manual "All off" button
IMG_3303.PNG

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out the same thing when I pocked up the 16HD. Kinda sucks really.

The work around is to set a schedule with everything at zero. I called “off”. When you want the lights off load that schedule.

I don’t know if you can run the old app with the 16HD or not, but, the new app is pretty buggy.

For what it’s worth. AI’s customers service told me the WiFi radio is in the 16HD but not enabled. He said it would likely be enabled in a update. That was about a month ago.

as I said the app is buggy and not well written. ,y personal opinion is they were behind on the rewrite of the app and rushed it to not miss the release of the new light.

OP
OP
Gotfrogs

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is kind of pathetic! I was hopeful I was just missing something. How can there not be a way to turn them off quickly? I love my older lights, I don’t understand why they messed with a good thing and removed features!

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is kind of pathetic! I was hopeful I was just missing something. How can there not be a way to turn them off quickly? I love my older lights, I don’t understand why they messed with a good thing and removed features!

I agree. The app is is just funtional that’s about it. as I mentioned it seems like it was rushed, there‘s a lot of functionality that shuld be easy it to build into and there’s basic things that aren’t there and it’s buggy.

I think it’ll get better, or be replaced with something else. I can’t imagine they would leave it like it is.

OP
OP
Gotfrogs

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DWill - Thanks for the information I was able to get the light programmed. Hopefully the other features get added soon.

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, it was a fairly big letdown when it was discovered that AI removed the WiFi Cloud access for the new generation of lights. I was just about to upgrade to the HD32's when I learned about it and decided to not upgrade as a result. Hopefully if enough people comment about it to AI they will release an upgrade kit or something to add the functionality back.

OP
OP
Gotfrogs

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filed a request with AI and got this response:
Thank you for contacting AquaIllumination. At this time, new model HD lights are only controllable via Bluetooth. With that said, we will be releasing WiFi control in the future once we've completed testing. When WiFi control becomes available, we will make an official announcement and you will be notified to complete an update/firmware update.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back