Turning white at the base, am I bleaching?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryleary
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
uploadfromtaptalk1429457501546.jpg
better pic, it's turning white underneath the arm that had the most growth... Dont get it and don't see and flatworms.
 
uploadfromtaptalk1429457501546.jpg
better pic, it's turning white underneath the arm that had the most growth... Dont get it and don't see and flatworms.

I understand people saying aefw don't go on montis and it doesn't look like them, but have you dipped it yet. I couldn't see my flat worms but they were there. A simple ten min dip could eliminate pests possibilities in General.
 
AEFW (acropora eating flatworms) don't effect montipora, for obvious reasons... :)

Montipora eating nudibranchs (MEN) could be something to check for, however.
 
Well hopefully not I have never gotten aefw but I have seen some tanks demolished from them or most likely the aggressive dipping methods from the unfortunate hobbyists
 
definitely not AEFW, dont even worry about them. Could be monti nudis. A couple of light dips of all montis will cure this rather easily. Looks rather starved. Move it low in the tank until the color becomes more intense, maybe a month or two. Also dip it twice about a week apart to get rid of and potential monti nudis. Maybe feed the tank more or get more fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new