Tuxedo urchin appreciation thread

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these on my stocking list from the start and then kinda backed away from it b/c I thought it’d eat all my coralline and pick up my CUC and frags, and just generally be an annoying bulldozer in my nano. But I recently had an absolute explosion of ulva…

Since there’s a job for it, I figured now’s the time for the urchin. Got an ORA baby red tux that arrived y’day, and this thing is awesome!!! I set a small empty shell next to it when I put it in the tank, and it immediately put the shell on itself, as well as some ulva. Then overnight this tiny little thing plowed through and devastated a big patch of ulva. I love it!

IMG_7841.jpg

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you enjoy the little guy!

I grabbed two for my 20G and while they do bulldoze somewhat they aren’t too bad. Only occasionally pick up a frag but if it’s glued you’re good. Mine recently has picked up some xenia and has been carrying that around for a week now.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three and enjoy putting bright yellow hats on them . Their great members of the CUC . Just gotta make sure they always have food .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back