Tuxedo urchin vs pincushion urchin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arjuna32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Arjuna32

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2022
Messages
56
Reaction score
18
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I got a tuxedo urchin to combat my hair algae outbreak and I was told by a friend of mine that their tuxedo doesn’t touch their hair algae and their pincushion eats it instead. Would I be better off returning it and getting a pincushion instead? its a 10 gallon tank and I plan on upgrading it in a few months or so.
 
Recently I got a tuxedo urchin to combat my hair algae outbreak and I was told by a friend of mine that their tuxedo doesn’t touch their hair algae and their pincushion eats it instead. Would I be better off returning it and getting a pincushion instead? its a 10 gallon tank and I plan on upgrading it in a few months or so.
I just recently added a tux urchin and it ate hair, green, and cyano algae.
 

Attachments

  • E804BE78-EF7E-457B-BF9A-6D1027967EB2.jpeg
    E804BE78-EF7E-457B-BF9A-6D1027967EB2.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 146
Recently I got a tuxedo urchin to combat my hair algae outbreak and I was told by a friend of mine that their tuxedo doesn’t touch their hair algae and their pincushion eats it instead. Would I be better off returning it and getting a pincushion instead? its a 10 gallon tank and I plan on upgrading it in a few months or so.
I got 1 of each 1 year ago.
The pincushion is 2x as big as the tux now.
For your 10 gallon better off to keep him.
 
I have both. They don't like long GHA, but will eat it if it's short.
beautiful creatures though, they are a necessity of reefing in my opinion.
IMG_20220629_232130.jpg
IMG_20220402_183650.jpg
IMG_20220102_142507.jpg
IMG_20211127_072813.jpg
IMG_20211127_065439.jpg
IMG_20211127_065349.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new