Twin 54 Gallon Reef tank build

big ole blue

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:wave: So apparently when you purchase a 10 gallon starter kit you realize that this isn't enough. You then might upgrade to say... a 55 gallon. That's when I realized the 55 gallon wasn't enough. It's a freshwater community at full capacity and just isn't quite satisfying the itch so to speak. Which is why I just purchased two 54 gallon corner tanks and even managed to convince the wife to let me set them up in the dining room! That being said, we are nearly complete with remodeling the dining room and I've started building custom stands for the tanks. I will be posting pictures of my progress and will more than likely be asking a million questions. I expect this build to be completed and introducing my first fish in the spring of 2014 (Work Permitting :frusty:)

First set of questions...

1. Could one speed the "Curing Process" of Rock up by adding a few chunks of already cured live rock?
2. How much should I add?
According to research, I'd need approximately 60 to 80 lbs of rock total. Is this accurate?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new