Twisted my mind trying to do the best aquascape known to man kind

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been pouring over hundreds of aquascape pics , tank pics, R2R pics and hounding my wife for ideas. She told me to quit fooling around with it because I planned on adding a lot of LPS anyway. So I just set up my stuff outside today and did as she said. I needed safe havens for fish and coral mounting areas. I think its ok, but I'm a perfection freak, what she dont know yet is if im not totally satisfied, its means we are adding another tank also. A few pics below.

used my tile saw along with grinder and tile blade on it to get some flat sides
20240503_153008.jpg
20240503_153252.jpg

just your basic cove and aquascape

20240503_161130.jpg

laid out some pieces for islands

20240503_161006.jpg

plan on covering it LPS shortly
20240503_161135.jpg

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you doing bare bottom or sand? Some of those loose pieces are likely going to be mostly covered by sand (If you're doing sand). Just something to consider... maybe taking a few of the smaller pieces that won't give much surface area and incorporating them into a larger structure would be more beneficial. But overall I think it looks pretty decent... I prefer a slightly more natural look myself, but I feel this actually strikes a nice balance.

OP
OP
ShakeyGizzard

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you doing bare bottom or sand? Some of those loose pieces are likely going to be mostly covered by sand (If you're doing sand). Just something to consider... maybe taking a few of the smaller pieces that won't give much surface area and incorporating them into a larger structure would be more beneficial. But overall I think it looks pretty decent... I prefer a slightly more natural look myself, but I feel this actually strikes a nice balance.
1.5 to 2 inch sand bed, i have other pieces in mind for islands, have plenty of larger pieces left, just laid those out for my ideas

OP
OP
ShakeyGizzard

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First saltwater aquascape for me besides stacking a few purple rocks together back in the late eighties. I have a lot of experience with plant and wood scapes in freshwater . I strived with freshwater to have the most natural look you can get. I guess this scape with do

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 144 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.6%
Back