Two critters I'm looking to ID

TwiTch18

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2022
Messages
46
Reaction score
71
Location
Alberta, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these critters in my tank today and I'm looking to get some info on them!

The first is some sort of Starfish. I noticed it hanging around the other day and decided to leave it alone. Today I seen it on my new corals and decided to get it checked out. Hopefully it's nothing bad..
PXL_20220330_040040281.MP.jpg
PXL_20220330_040116434.MP.jpg


The second one I noticed when the lights went dim. Looks like some sort of shrimp.
PXL_20220330_040644881.jpg



Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
 
Asternia star - Some say they eat soft corals, I have never had an issue with them. As long as the coral in question isn't in decline, it's more then likely just cleaning detritus off it.

Stomatella snail - Looks like a snail with a thumbnail for a shell. Great member of your CUC.

Amphipod - Some are parasitic, most are just fish food.

None are really anything to worry about, and do not need to be removed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new