Two Cynidarian corals, any advice appreciated

Reef.ductionist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
326
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have housed.these two plates for a month now, for the last few days I have noticed one is not expanding like the other. Here is a pic below. They are both getting the same flow.
Does anyone know what's going on or have any ideas as to why the one is not expanding like the other?
Thanks in advance.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1397421663.603287.jpg
 
I have two that do the same thing .... one large one that is almost always inflated with tentacles out. The other smaller one I've never seen inflated - but I've had it for over a year, still has good color and has grown. I just assumed that it was a different type.
 
Hi KSzegi, thanks for replying. Are your plate corals in close proximaty to one another?
 
Yes they are - close enough to almost touch - so they are getting the same conditions as far as lighting and flow too!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new