Two new acans withering away. Any ideas I should try?

vessxpress1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
246
Reaction score
200
Location
NW IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I had four new acans come in last week. They floated in the tank all day so the temp acclimation wasn't an issue. When I got home I acclimated them to my tank water and made a dip using aquaforest coral dip. I gave them a dip for about 5 minutes. Rinsed them in saltwater and then put them in my tank. Initially all looked good. They were looking good in the bags they came in. They were good in the tank. Then a couple started looking bad and then bounced back. I did a water change. Then the other two took a dive! I'm losing them and i don't know what to do. I don't know if they're savable or what to do at this point. The light just went out. It's a kessil A160 . It runs 50% max for a couple hours a day. They look like they are expelling their algae. The blue and red one looked great just a few days ago. Such a shame.

blue and red acan combine.jpg Pacific combined.jpg
 
I should have added, there are no fish in this tank. I am running a skimmer. Temp is 78. pH has been running about 8.1. Alk has been running 8.5 to 9. Calcium 430. Mg 1430. Phophate- 0.11 on a Hanna meter, nitrates 4. Been dosing Brightwell amino once in a while and reef roids occasionallly. Other stuff is doing great. Theres a montis are doing great. zoas are fine. The echinata in the back i've been nursing back to health from the store and gets better every day.
 
Echinata May be an issue, but it usually just kills Acan over one night. If it’s few inches away it can take few days. If I remember correctly tentacles retract back in light. My last echinata was giving to adoption in 2011.
 
Echinata May be an issue, but it usually just kills Acan over one night. If it’s few inches away it can take few days. If I remember correctly tentacles retract back in light. My last echinata was giving to adoption in 2011.
 
Echinata is in corner by itself far away from the acans.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new