two questions

cwb_reeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
578
Reaction score
64
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the first question on average how long does it take an acro to encrust? also how often should you replace your t5s?
 
For the first question, there are too many variables to answer it correctly. It depends on the type of acro, flow, water parameters, general happiness of the coral... I've never run T5's but I think it's every 6-9 months.
 
For the first question, there are too many variables to answer it correctly. It depends on the type of acro, flow, water parameters, general happiness of the coral... I've never run T5's but I think it's every 6-9 months.
+1 of too many variables, probably the main one being the type of coral. I've had a surf n turf do nothing for 6 months (and still waiting) and a pink cheesecake encrust twice its size in two month.

12 months on the T5's but i think that active cooling helps prolong their life span.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new