Two Yellow Watchmen Gobies?

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,640
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two Yellow Watchman Gobies, that were in the Same Small Aquarium at a LFS. Quarantined them, and added them to my 120 Gallon. Never saw them squabble in the quarantine or the 120 till today. They are really close together under some rocks. The Second Picture, is #2 chasing a Pod. Is this Just normal behavior on a matched pair?

IMG_3850.jpeg IMG_3851.jpeg
 
We had 2 that got along just fine, until we switched to a bigger tank, one of them looked really stressed from it. Had to separate them after, so no clue besides the move
 
Was taking tools, back down to the basement, and noticed they were right next to each other under a rock. My wife pointed out to me, that one didn’t look healthy, and is grey looking. Did some research, the Grey one is a Female, and Yellow is a Male. Some sites say they can change sexes, others say no to this. Keeping my fingers crossed, they just saw the same pod.
 
Do you have a pistol shrimp by chance? I have a yellow and a pink spotted watchmen and the only time they fought was over who got to be with the shrimp
 
Oh ya, one goby paired with a pistol shrimp. We’ve had fish change sexes, but not our goby’s
 
No Pistol Shrimp yet. Back in the 90’s I had paired up Two Spot Gobies, and a single Pistol Shrimp, that they shared. Hoping to do same, with these. Should I get two Pistol Shrimp , or will one eat the other?
 
No Pistol Shrimp yet. Back in the 90’s I had paired up Two Spot Gobies, and a single Pistol Shrimp, that they shared. Hoping to do same, with these. Should I get two Pistol Shrimp , or will one eat the other?
I think they would kill eachother. I tried this when the gobies kept fighting over my tiger pistol. Got the red pistol and never saw him again
 
I definitely think just 1
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new