Type of anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kcason21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kcason21

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of these anemones and was curious the name. Are they rainbow or a different kind?

5C8F1802-41BB-443A-A893-077311701780.jpeg C8B6D1ED-3AD8-49A8-9E55-13D1480EC0DD.jpeg FBCEBF60-CABC-451C-8A67-7966354C9628.jpeg
 
They look like rainbow BTAs to me too. But what I find interesting is how small they are. What's the biggest size they usually get? Mine are usually only that small right after a split.
 
They look like rainbow BTAs to me too. But what I find interesting is how small they are. What's the biggest size they usually get? Mine are usually only that small right after a split.
I have some that are a few years old and not more than 2-3" across and some that are the same age and well over 8-10" across. It all depends on the strain of RBTA, flow, light, available nutrients, etc. No real rhyme or reason for it, as they are all from the same chain of splits.
 
Put more blues on to show more color. Like this.
These are my ultra rainbow BTA’s. Started with 1 in November 2019. Got 8 now.
30DBD3D9-2ED9-4259-BAAE-91D31736C042.jpeg
 
Thank you guys for the quick responses. Much appreciated!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new