Tyree/Joe's Rainbow Acro and Joe The Acro Progression

c.declivisowner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I would like to start a thread documenting the growth and coloration of both Joe's Rainbow Acro and Joe the Acro

My tank is a standard 120 gallon reef ready tank. It has a 40 Breeder sump and a 20 gallon long frag tank plumbed into it sharing the same sump. Lighting would consist of 2x AquaIllumination SOL Whites(I hate the really Blue Look and I can always turn up the blue more when necessary). They are Running 100% White and 100% Blue. The frag Tank has a cheap 4 bulb T5 fixture with Aquatic Life Bulbs if I remember correctly.

As of right now the Rainbow Acro is in the frag tank because it turned a very light shade of blue and Joe the Acro is in my display. I'm hoping that Joe the Acro will color up and hold its color in my tank and not just turn all one color like the Rainbow Acro did because of the LED's.

Here is a picture of them side by side in my frag tank before I put Joe The Acro in the display

010.jpg

Here's a picture of just Tyree/Joe's Rainbow Acro

012.jpg

Let me know what you guys think so far.
More pictures will be up before 8-24
I'd also love to see other people's Joe's Rainbow Acro and Joe the Acro so please post pictures.

Onedesign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I predict those under the Sols will lose the color because you hate the blue look and the whites are too white. I run all LEDs and its just my experience that too much white under LEDs causes a bleaching of sorts

OP
OP
c.declivisowner

c.declivisowner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I turned down the whites to say 70% would that work? Would turning down the Whites even help at all?

landlord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a tiny frag from Steve right after he got settled in to his new place in TX. I am thinking that the move was pretty brutal for him. In any case I have the Joe's Rainbow. It looks like a piece of silly putty right now but if it's all the same I' love to tag along with photo updates with ya.

IMG_0781.jpg

Have a Great Night folks

:) Kurt

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool Thread. I'll be following along. Give your little frag plenty of 20K light and flow, clean water and it will color back up.

Here is a pretty recent pic of my little colony of Joe's Rainbow:

IMGP1779.JPG

Hopefully, I'll be picking up my Joe the Acro over the weekend :)

landlord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is running under the outskirt of a radion set at 80% 20K coloration. I recently converted the whole 90 gallon from 2 400 watt Radiums to he Ecotechs so the timing didn't help the little feller. He's actually bigger than when acquired.

I find that picture to be absolutely freaking stunning! It's surreal

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool Thread. I'll be following along. Give your little frag plenty of 20K light and flow, clean water and it will color back up.

IMGP1779.JPG

Gorgeous...I can't wait for mine to grow up.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous...I can't wait for mine to grow up.

Thanks. My camera does a good job of capturing the fluorescing pigments under the actinics. It is a nice piece that you will come to love. It can be very particular though and lose a some color if things change suddenly. Mine is a little browned now from the move.

OP
OP
c.declivisowner

c.declivisowner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a tiny frag from Steve right after he got settled in to his new place in TX. I am thinking that the move was pretty brutal for him. In any case I have the Joe's Rainbow. It looks like a piece of silly putty right now but if it's all the same I' love to tag along with photo updates with ya.

IMG_0781.jpg

Have a Great Night folks

:) Kurt

yes, please keep us updated with photos it's an amazing acro

OP
OP
c.declivisowner

c.declivisowner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMGP1779.JPG

absolutely amazing! can't wait to see mine grown up

Onedesign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I predict those under the Sols will lose the color because you hate the blue look and the whites are too white. I run all LEDs and its just my experience that too much white under LEDs causes a bleaching of sorts

Yeah it'll help. The above photos all indicate 20k....thats my experience with most SPS sticks under my LEDs too.....though I need to get a piece of that for my collection!

OP
OP
c.declivisowner

c.declivisowner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it'll help. The above photos all indicate 20k....thats my experience with most SPS sticks under my LEDs too.....though I need to get a piece of that for my collection!

Ok I changed the lighting to 70% White 100% Blue. They are both very nice coral i'm lucky I have Joe The Acro my mom just got it for herself for her future tank

landlord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol she owns the banana banshee im trading you too

That would be refreshing. My Mom comes over and asks me where I got the pretty plastic decorations from. She thinks I am a fool for spending a couple thousand for plastic fish tank decorations. Think it is ridiculous and I could go to walmart in the aisle where the bubbling treasure chests are located and get some decor just as pretty for 4.99. She usually leaves a a coupon too.

Love my Mom to death but she is not allowed near the tank. Wouldn't want her doing me any favors by scrubbing those colored plastic looking sticks with PineSol. Luckily I have a wife to do that now :lol:

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small frag of this I got in January from David, it came from Greg (sorry if I spelled that wrong haha) originally. Here are a couple pics of the original and six months later... It is about to start growing upward finally!!! That is nothing bad on the coral BTW, it is just a couple grains of white sand that has blown around today...
originaljoesrainbow.png

joesrainbow2.jpg

joesrainbow.jpg

SPSjunky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMGP1779.JPG

This is stunning

OP
OP
c.declivisowner

c.declivisowner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a 2 week update.

014.jpg

016.jpg

The Rainbow Acro encrusted more and Joe The Acro has colored up to light blue but no growth yet.
More updates in a couple weeks.
Let me know what you guys think of the growth.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 33 50.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back