OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a small hammer at my local shop. Another customer traded in a huge amount of hammer frags. Must be a huge mother colony.

Attachments

• 96CFCC69-9214-470D-92C8-A338C1C76912.jpeg
    96CFCC69-9214-470D-92C8-A338C1C76912.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome score. looks more like a frogspawn though..
this is one of my hammers on the right. one of my forgspawns on the left IMG_2342.JPG
You could be right. Put it in the tank about an hour before the light shut down. Have to double check. Guy I dealt with was newer, not the guy I usually deal with.

Either way I’m good with it. Clearly not paying attention. $40. Seems fair to me.

So you have no problems keeping hammers and frogspawn so close to each other. No aggression between them?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads.

trying to go open top. Made a top out of plastic light diffuser. Temps were getting harder to control. Not 100% sure on it though.

My pair of Nicrew 30 watt fixtures are now on the tank. Way better than the other set up

B20A4CBC-5516-41C5-9F42-E1380DBE7F9D.jpeg
Seems sturdy. If I like it I may splurge for the kraken but at over $120 shipped with 3 cord cutouts I’ll test the waters with this first. $10 instead

Last edited:
OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final post for the day. My boys are bringing me pizza for Fathers Days.

Found a Goni at my LFS. Put more mushrooms in the tank.

6973AA13-B42F-4FEF-8FB3-5B507E5B64B1.jpeg

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could be right. Put it in the tank about an hour before the light shut down. Have to double check. Guy I dealt with was newer, not the guy I usually deal with.

Either way I’m good with it. Clearly not paying attention. $40. Seems fair to me.

So you have no problems keeping hammers and frogspawn so close to each other. No aggression between them?
no issues keeping hammers and frogspawn next to each other. Most of the time, Euphyllias place nice with each other.
$40 is a nice pickup. Your tank is coming along very nice

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no issues keeping hammers and frogspawn next to each other. Most of the time, Euphyllias place nice with each other.
$40 is a nice pickup. Your tank is coming along very nice
Thanks. Moving faster than the first one. Cycle was basically nonexistent. Still waiting for the uglies to hit. But that’s part of the tank maturing.

added a couple of more mushrooms and a small royal gramma. He disappeared into the rock work and I haven’t been able to find him.

just gonna step back and start my routine with WC and feeding the tank lightly. Fish get frozen brine and a reef flake daily. Small amount Reef roids 2x week. Clean the glass weekly

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to get a new stand for the tank. The thing I love about this tank is the small actual footprint. Should be here sat. If it doesn’t work out. I can use it in the bathroom.

B8770AEB-A28F-4893-8DB7-148BA5218322.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RG has shown his face. But has stayed in a small cave. Comes out to eat but seems stressed. I’m sure next week he will be swimming around full of bravado.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stand is in place. Much nice being about 6” higher. Lots of storage now.
0086B81E-21DA-4DC2-8612-54A14B5464FF.jpeg

Wish the stand was a little heavier duty but it’s more than enough to support the 13 gallons
DCA2FAD1-75AE-49DB-B4FF-C0AE7917BC75.jpeg

Tanks a little cloudy did the first WC on it. Moved it when it was 1/2 empty.

made some minor adjustments to the scape.

now I need patience and let the tank mature and grow. Add more coral too.

Last edited:

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stand is in place. Much nice being about 6” higher. Lots of storage now.
0086B81E-21DA-4DC2-8612-54A14B5464FF.jpeg

Wish the stand was a little heavier duty but it’s more than enough to support the 13 gallons
DCA2FAD1-75AE-49DB-B4FF-C0AE7917BC75.jpeg

Tanks a little cloudy did the first WC on it. Moved it when it was 1/2 empty.

made some minor adjustments to the scape.

now I need patience and let the tank mature and grow. Add more coral too.
The patience is the hardest part. Stand looks great though!

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been keeping busy. Decided to try the mounts for the lights. Added a 7 watt UV. Cheap one from Amazon. Sitting in the middle compartment. Just in case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 44

Kraken Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While our lids may support the weight of a cat, they're not designed to. Eventually, the mesh retainer will loosen from the blunt force and have to be repaired. The good news is that the mesh and retainer can be replaced fairly easily/cheaply.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While our lids may support the weight of a cat, they're not designed to. Eventually, the mesh retainer will loosen from the blunt force and have to be repaired. The good news is that the mesh and retainer can be replaced fairly easily/cheaply.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a couple of weeks. Tank is going well. Some minor uglys, I added a couple more scarlet crabs and snails. Seems to have helped.

good news is the cats seems to have no desire to jump on the tank. He’s Interested but just sits and looks.

The homemade lid is working well but it seems to diffuse some of the light. Tank brightens up when I take it off. Gonna just go with this one until I’m sure about everything’s spot and then get the kraken.

one of my zoas isn’t doing well. Small zoas. Slowing disappearing. Trying different spots.

image.jpg

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a couple of weeks. Tank is going well. Some minor uglys, I added a couple more scarlet crabs and snails. Seems to have helped.

good news is the cats seems to have no desire to jump on the tank. He’s Interested but just sits and looks.

The homemade lid is working well but it seems to diffuse some of the light. Tank brightens up when I take it off. Gonna just go with this one until I’m sure about everything’s spot and then get the kraken.

one of my zoas isn’t doing well. Small zoas. Slowing disappearing. Trying different spots.

image.jpg
I'd be careful that the cat isn't just biding its time, making you think it is uninterested in jumping on it. :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: It is a cat after all.

Sorry about the zoas :(

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be careful that the cat isn't just biding its time, making you think it is uninterested in jumping on it. :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: It is a cat after all.

Sorry about the zoas :(
Cats can he total ***holes.
But they are my friends.

the other zoas are spreading, these never took off

Back