OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link. Happened so fast. Looked great. Over night one head is brown goo. Called vet got a script for Cipro. Dosed tank. Vacuumed jelly off the coral. Next day other had was basically gone.

Guess it’s part of reefing.

On a good note. I am getting one of the new IM 15 gallon AIO. Great price couldn’t pass it up.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the BJD drama appears to be over. After several water changes and changing the carbon each time, I’m confident the tank is back to normal

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Quick check in.

Did a though cleaning. Water change, vacuum chambers. Scrape glass. New carbon

Was looking at the frogspawn. I need a camera filter asap. My pics suck. 5F64A8C6-D5C6-4E97-B16A-D0E386B2B0A6.jpeg

2-3 months later
44422C25-9436-4BBC-A2FD-4919B58C6BCD.jpeg

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found some feather like things on the front glass. According to posts here they are snail eggs. Guess that’s good Any idea what snail leaves this pattern image.jpg

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a decent pic of a mushroom. Got lots of cuc too.
71ABD0F3-D567-4B05-9AEA-CE92C7CE7A68.jpeg

Tank is going well. Have a small bubble algae issue. Not out of control but growing. Added 2 emeralds. Saw 1 eating BA yesterday. I other algae issues other than some diatoms on the sand in the front of the rocks.

picked up 3 bumble snails. Had some vermetid snails

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at the IM mighty jet. The 538gph fits. Worth the extra $12 and can turn it down. Maybe

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major change. This tank is now home to a small peacock mantis. Pics to come soon.

see my IM Nuvo 15 build

Last edited:

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Food for thought. Couple of months back I stumbled onto a thread here on R2R about a reactor that eliminates NO3. All the ones I’ve seen made were installed in the sump and were gravity fed tank water via overflow. Nobody had made one for a nano tank and After some reading I came to the conclusion that I too could build something similar but, pump fed. Built my denitrator, commissioned it and 2 months later my NO3 has gone from 36ppm to 8ppm without any water changes and while continuing my normal feeding schedule and dosing a tiny amount of vodka (less than a ml in my nano) to the denitrator. It seems like im at the point where I can just adjust the flow and if I get it just right, I won’t have to dose any carbon and it’ll maintain my numbers on target. I was skeptical at first but the proof is in the pudding. Here’s a pic of my simple contraption. I like how your tank is coming along. One thing I think you should have stayed on course with is the cheato light. I say this just because that other light is bulky. I’ve had one installed in my second chamber for almost a year. I stuck it on with the 2 sided tape that was provided. Unfortunately the fuge in chamber 2 wasn’t keeping up with nutrient export so I built the denitrator. I have it on a wifi plug dongle and have it on a 8hr on schedule . I may even shorten the light period. At this point all I want the cheato to do is help with my PH. 3F8C29C0-184F-446A-8942-ADA5731121C3.jpeg

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Food for thought. Couple of months back I stumbled onto a thread here on R2R about a reactor that eliminates NO3. All the ones I’ve seen made were installed in the sump and were gravity fed tank water via overflow. Nobody had made one for a nano tank and After some reading I came to the conclusion that I too could build something similar but, pump fed. Built my denitrator, commissioned it and 2 months later my NO3 has gone from 36ppm to 8ppm without any water changes and while continuing my normal feeding schedule and dosing a tiny amount of vodka (less than a ml in my nano) to the denitrator. It seems like im at the point where I can just adjust the flow and if I get it just right, I won’t have to dose any carbon and it’ll maintain my numbers on target. I was skeptical at first but the proof is in the pudding. Here’s a pic of my simple contraption. I like how your tank is coming along. One thing I think you should have stayed on course with is the cheato light. I say this just because that other light is bulky. I’ve had one installed in my second chamber for almost a year. I stuck it on with the 2 sided tape that was provided. Unfortunately the fuge in chamber 2 wasn’t keeping up with nutrient export so I built the denitrator. I have it on a wifi plug dongle and have it on a 8hr on schedule . I may even shorten the light period. At this point all I want the cheato to do is help with my PH. 3F8C29C0-184F-446A-8942-ADA5731121C3.jpeg

I use my fuge as a simple pod home. Any other benefits are a bonus. I pull a huge piece of chaeto out every 2 weeks. With the mantis now. I’m gonna continue to use it. Especially since the IM 15 is blacked out in the back.

JBJ makes a fuge light that could work from the top on the IM. I love fuges strictly for pod support

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my fuge as a simple pod home. Any other benefits are a bonus. I pull a huge piece of chaeto out every 2 weeks. With the mantis now. I’m gonna continue to use it. Especially since the IM 15 is blacked out in the back.

JBJ makes a fuge light that could work from the top on the IM. I love fuges strictly for pod support
I’m definitely keeping my fuge but the reactor is doin a bang up job for sure (it’s mostly an experiment to see if I can implement the technique on a larger scale). I’ve got pods all throughout my lil tank, I see them on the rocks scurrying around before lights on every morning.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m definitely keeping my fuge but the reactor is doin a bang up job for sure (it’s mostly an experiment to see if I can implement the technique on a larger scale). I’ve got pods all throughout my lil tank, I see them on the rocks scurrying around before lights on every morning.
I love wrasses. Keep one in each tank as it’s only fish. They can decimate the pod’s population

Gavin Noy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lid lifters arrived. I had to use a drop of super glue to hold them tight. But very happy with them. Lifts the lid 1/4”. Hopefully this helps the tank stay a little cooler. I figure I will leave a fan blowing across the tank

not much of an update. Lol 0A22E087-412A-43CB-8866-B5C7B176DFB8.jpeg 4EE01470-4C62-4EA4-B4A5-9D12C43E52AB.jpeg
What did you use for the aditional blue lighting?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back