UGL Concrete Patch - Hydraulic Cement Reef Safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter booth2010
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2013
Messages
904
Reaction score
143
Location
DeLand FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will UGL Concrete Patch from Lowes be reef safe? Its going to be for making the rocks stay together. I am hoping to get the project done tonight so an answer asap would be awesome. If not I will just start cycling it and put it together later.
 
I am not familiar with UGL patch, but we had a demonstration at a local club meeting years ago and the guy used a Thorite cement (Emaco R400) with an acrylic binder (Acryl 60). The binder stiffens the cement and makes for a tight bond. Look up the MSDS and see if UGL is a thorite cement.

I'm pretty sure the stuff Marco Rock sells is Emaco R400.
 
I am not familiar with UGL patch, but we had a demonstration at a local club meeting years ago and the guy used a Thorite cement (Emaco R400) with an acrylic binder (Acryl 60). The binder stiffens the cement and makes for a tight bond. Look up the MSDS and see if UGL is a thorite cement.

I'm pretty sure the stuff Marco Rock sells is Emaco R400.

Ill check it out. I was looking at the stuff at Marco Rocks but I cant bring myself to pay $40 for it, I wont even use 1/3 of it I bet.
 
If you only have a small amount of rock to attach, why not use epoxy putty.....like THIS from HD.
 
if thatll work ill use that lol. its only for a 40b and there are maybe 5-6 rocks so I am sure 1 or 2 tubes would work
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new