Ugly Tanks!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mines ugly due to nine years at the time of pic, but I wanted it that way. it was only ugly to others, to me it was prdy~ beauty in the eye of the non pruner. its a decade of corals packed into one gallon, and no its not mean they're not dying, they're growing too well. its been fragged out and cleaned out now, plenty of room.

cv.jpg

if it were a canid:
dog.jpg

nobody under 25 can id the movie that still comes from unless they fancy google search the image.

Last edited:

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd play along, but I gotta dive deep back in my photobucket, and for some reason PB is not loading, but believe me, anyone that's been around has ugly moments at some point!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ooh I wish I had that one in our tank turnaround threads that's not hard at all to fix up. those coralline telltales, nice ion support here. all we'd have to do is rinse up that bad boy, decloud it, catch-up kill some algae and put it all right back skip cycle so clean. I wish that was offered in our tank rework threads, real potential on that one.

declouding means after we're done, the aquarist can reach in the tank and grab any surface, sand included, and swish it around violently in the water and nothing clouds at all. as of now, the cloud would resemble pure mud water, its packed with detritus, which is fueling the low level anchored algae. the corals are in great health it appears, and the calcium and alk here is perfect, don't need to see test kits. the coralline would have alternating bands of purple on white if the ions weren't balanced.

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mines ugly due to nine years at the time of pic, but I wanted it that way. it was only ugly to others, to me it was prdy~ beauty in the eye of the non pruner. its a decade of corals packed into one gallon, and no its not mean they're not dying, they're growing too well. its been fragged out and cleaned out now, plenty of room.

cv.jpg

if it were a canid:
dog.jpg

nobody under 25 can id the movie that still comes from unless they fancy google search the image.

Really nice you have so many corals in that tiny thing I got a coral and it never opened till I realized it was dead then I did some research and found out it was a really hard coral to keep. (Flowerpot)

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cv.jpg

did you have to break it like a coral piggy bank?lol

if it were a canid:
dog.jpg

All I know, is don't make faces at people cause if someone slaps you on the back you'll stay that way!
I know my 80's stuffs!

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ooh I wish I had that one in our tank turnaround threads that's not hard at all to fix up. those coralline telltales, nice ion support here. all we'd have to do is rinse up that bad boy, decloud it, catch-up kill some algae and put it all right back skip cycle so clean. I wish that was offered in our tank rework threads, real potential on that one.

declouding means after we're done, the aquarist can reach in the tank and grab any surface, sand included, and swish it around violently in the water and nothing clouds at all. as of now, the cloud would resemble pure mud water, its packed with detritus, which is fueling the low level anchored algae. the corals are in great health it appears, and the calcium and alk here is perfect, don't need to see test kits. the coralline would have alternating bands of purple on white if the ions weren't balanced.

This tank would be really nice without the algae.

To late guys tank has been shut down. He used dog dewormer to get rid of gap. Then things got nasty. He will come back with a 300g.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love it when you guys show me dirty! My son is frustrated with some tank uglies and thinks he will never get past it. I keep telling him to be patient. He actually said a minor cuss word last night dealing with his cyano. Lol.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back