uh, crocea going down....

  • Thread starter Thread starter twobytwo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

twobytwo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2014
Messages
73
Reaction score
54
Location
Toronto Ont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I first got my Crocea, I buried a rock in my substrate and placed the clam on top. He took hold of it, stood up straight and was very happy.

For the last month, it seems its been lying down and walking down the rock into my substrate. He somehow is clearning sand away from beside the rock and moving closer to the tank bottome day by day. He has a very lovely mantle sticking out all the time so I assume he's happy. Should I be worried at all? I just don't want him to attach to the bottom as I may be moving in the next month or two and would need to get him out.


Pic (he was On top of that rock and it was covered in substrate 1.5 months ago). Ignore the Strawberry Conch
sVJ68ML.jpg
 
I wouldn't worry much, some crocea's prefer to be in the sand rather than on rock.
 
They will move where they want. Although, your clam is old enough that it will not burrow, so getting if off bottom will not be an issue. Beautiful by the way. I miss mine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new