Ultimate Frags Rainbow Acro

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has a colony of the Ultimate Frags Rainbow, could you share pics please.
The growth of mine is interesting. It continues to encrust, about 8 inches in diameter now but upward growth is limited. Plenty of branches but only an 1 - 1 1/2 inches tall. I'm curious if this is normal growth structure or can i expect more height in the future.

Here are a couple pics for reference.
20200705_105538.jpg
20200706_113856.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! That growth is definitely interesting. What's your flow like in that part of your tank?

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Portions of it have axial corallites that remind me of an efflo or a soli, which could explain the lack of vertical growth.

OP
OP
Beardo

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Portions of it have axial corallites that remind me of an efflo or a soli, which could explain the lack of vertical growth.
Interesting thought there, never considered that. I do have a soli and an efflo in the tank though and their growth forms are different. Will see what it does in the future though.

I really like this piece, when it is colored up. Can be very touchy though and is the first piece that loses color and shows stress if parameters drift.
Mostly upset with myself for nor knowing it would encrust as much as it has. I failed to leave enough room and it is encroaching on my BC Gilligan.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen this coral base out like that randomly for some people, although that’s a LOT of encrusting. Looks pretty cool and got good color which is the hard part. Keep letting it do it’s thing and it will branch some eventually. Maybe try snipping a tip?

OP
OP
Beardo

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen this coral base out like that randomly for some people, although that’s a LOT of encrusting. Looks pretty cool and got good color which is the hard part. Keep letting it do it’s thing and it will branch some eventually. Maybe try snipping a tip?
Thanks, I appreciate the response. Might have to try snipping a tip or 2 to see what it does. Have also considered cutting a frag to see how it grows back.

OP
OP
Beardo

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the par there?
I have never measured par...one of these days. This piece sits 12" below water line. Lighting is an 8x80 watt sunpower, 11" above water line, and 6 kessil a360we. Kessils at peak run 70% intensity and 50% color. This piece is also at the end of the t5s.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back