Ultralife x terminator trap

  • Thread starter Thread starter 8934729379
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Anyone have a guide to building one of these crab/ mantis shrimp traps? The instructions aren't helpful at all and I can't seem to find any tutorials. Or just a picture of a built one would be helpful. https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/x...MI3P_hy_DYgQMV6dLCBB2rmAJvEAQYASABEgJsofD_BwE

Thanks
This helpful or what you already have?

x-term.jpg
 
You’ll have to be near the Aquarium when you trap it. They can dismantle about anything.:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
You really don't need anything too complicated with moving parts. Just take a 1 liter plastic soda bottle. Tie a piece of fishing line around the neck of the bottle. Weigh it down with a few rocks. Put something really tempting like a piece of silverside, or fresh crab leg or a chunk of lobster inside the bottle. Drop the bottle down after lights out near the place where it hides out. Shouldn't take too long for it to smell the treat. Since octopi have no bones, they can slip into very small openings. It should have no trouble with the open neck of the soda bottle. Once it goes inside for it's treat just pull it up. I had a hitchhiker like that once. I set up its own tank for it and it did quite well for 2 years! Most octopi don't live very long. I went to the local oriental grocery store. They have lots of different raw frozen fish products, clams, oysters, etc. Octopi LOVE A CHALLENGE.

Good luck!
 
You really don't need anything too complicated with moving parts. Just take a 1 liter plastic soda bottle. Tie a piece of fishing line around the neck of the bottle. Weigh it down with a few rocks. Put something really tempting like a piece of silverside, or fresh crab leg or a chunk of lobster inside the bottle. Drop the bottle down after lights out near the place where it hides out. Shouldn't take too long for it to smell the treat. Since octopi have no bones, they can slip into very small openings. It should have no trouble with the open neck of the soda bottle. Once it goes inside for it's treat just pull it up. I had a hitchhiker like that once. I set up its own tank for it and it did quite well for 2 years! Most octopi don't live very long. I went to the local oriental grocery store. They have lots of different raw frozen fish products, clams, oysters, etc. Octopi LOVE A CHALLENGE.

Good luck!
I don't think he's trying to catch an octopus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new