Ultralife x terminator trap

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a guide to building one of these crab/ mantis shrimp traps? The instructions aren't helpful at all and I can't seem to find any tutorials. Or just a picture of a built one would be helpful. https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/x...MI3P_hy_DYgQMV6dLCBB2rmAJvEAQYASABEgJsofD_BwE

Thanks
This helpful or what you already have?

x-term.jpg

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll have to be near the Aquarium when you trap it. They can dismantle about anything.:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really don't need anything too complicated with moving parts. Just take a 1 liter plastic soda bottle. Tie a piece of fishing line around the neck of the bottle. Weigh it down with a few rocks. Put something really tempting like a piece of silverside, or fresh crab leg or a chunk of lobster inside the bottle. Drop the bottle down after lights out near the place where it hides out. Shouldn't take too long for it to smell the treat. Since octopi have no bones, they can slip into very small openings. It should have no trouble with the open neck of the soda bottle. Once it goes inside for it's treat just pull it up. I had a hitchhiker like that once. I set up its own tank for it and it did quite well for 2 years! Most octopi don't live very long. I went to the local oriental grocery store. They have lots of different raw frozen fish products, clams, oysters, etc. Octopi LOVE A CHALLENGE.

Good luck!

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really don't need anything too complicated with moving parts. Just take a 1 liter plastic soda bottle. Tie a piece of fishing line around the neck of the bottle. Weigh it down with a few rocks. Put something really tempting like a piece of silverside, or fresh crab leg or a chunk of lobster inside the bottle. Drop the bottle down after lights out near the place where it hides out. Shouldn't take too long for it to smell the treat. Since octopi have no bones, they can slip into very small openings. It should have no trouble with the open neck of the soda bottle. Once it goes inside for it's treat just pull it up. I had a hitchhiker like that once. I set up its own tank for it and it did quite well for 2 years! Most octopi don't live very long. I went to the local oriental grocery store. They have lots of different raw frozen fish products, clams, oysters, etc. Octopi LOVE A CHALLENGE.

Good luck!
I don't think he's trying to catch an octopus.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back