um yeah, that sucks!!

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
came home from work and of course the first thing I'll do is look at my tank, well besides greeting my wife. I was wondering why there were some bubbles coming out of one of my powerheads. Took a closer look and one of my favorite fishes got stuck in the intake.... RIP green madarin...... :cry:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang sorry! :(

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my copperband butterfly on mine last week. Sad......

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks man. Yeah powerheads can be dangerous sometimes. Still remember the phone call from the fiance after she turned all tue powerheads back on after feeding the puffer. She calls me and was a little frantic because the powerheads turned on and starting spinning backwards and the puffers was stick to it and stated puffing up. Luckily he just ended up with a couple broken spikes but eventually healed up. Sorry to hear about you mandarin.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man sorry to hear that, loosing fish sucks!

Last week I was sitting here at my comp and my frag tank is right behind me and all the sudden one of my powerheads starts screaming. I turn around and my Foxface Lo is stuck to it. I hit the kill switch on my power strip and the fish simply swims away like nothing happened, he wasn't even phased.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I bought him to eat algae, he's a slacker and doesn't touch the stuff. I think somebody forgot to tell him that he was supposed to eat it. But yeah I'm glad I was sitting here at the right time.

OP
OP
GR808

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
funny thing about that too is that I lowered the powerhead to to get more flow over some corals and it ended up being a few inches above some LR. So I says to myself, self do you think the madarin would get really close and get sucked up.. NAH!! he's smarter than that..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back