• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Unbiased Review: AquaSD

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AQUASD Shipment Unboxing and Review
2020-09-24 stevenliu9
Hello everyone, Steven here. Thank you for joining me for a new series of Should you order from ….

Today we will discuss AquaSD and review them as a vendor. Disclaimer: This is not sponsored or paid by AquaSD. I paid for this order full price out of pocket and here to provide the unbiased opinion on the order.

Last weekend I placed an order with AquaSD for two clams. I was having the itch for another clam after some recent success and decided to explore outside of my comfort zone by working with a vendor I’ve never used before.

AquaSD is located in San Diego and it is a full service saltwater aquarium store providing everything under the sun that is commonly seen in saltwater aquariums. They perform both retail and wholesale.

Overall, I would score them at 88% satisfactory. The order went through and arrived without any errors. One of the two clam bags was leaking by the time it had arrived. But it was saved by a secondary bag that bagged both clams. And there is even a little surprise as they included a forestfire rhodactis mushroom in there, which I was not expecting.
crocea clam and maxima clam
clams arrived sitting in the discs

The clams look healthy, responsive. And most impressive of all, both clams arrived with a ceramic disk underneath and are already attached. No other vendors right now offer clams with such attachment. LiveAquaria clams arrive with loose gravel attached, and often I need to remove them for the clam to attach to a flat surface. I do not like that. The only thing that is close to this level is Pacific East Aquaculture, who recently begin to offer clams attached to half shell.

So the onlything that is preventing me from giving them a higher score is the leaked bag. Oh, I also received an email for a 30% off promo a day after I placed the order full price. I wrote to the AquaSD team asking for retro-fit discount and have so far not heard back. So I took a small % off of my satisfactory report as I don’t believe this is a good customer trust building experience.
bonus forestfire rhodactis
The bonus forestfire rhodactis mushroom coral, a $20 value LOL

Will I recommend ordering from AquaSD? Yes I definitely would, and I will order again when I see something I like. But this time I’ll probably sit and wait for a promo instead of paying full price, knowing that I have just missed out on this one time.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back