Unbranded protein skimmer? Anyone know of this skimmer?

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run that reef octopus bh90 on my 30 gallon reef tank and I run 2 other reef octopus skimmers and there the best I think

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a t247 on one of my other tanks which is a 30 gallon tank and it's a really nice light and very bright and I don't even run it at half of its power

OP
OP
ScubaSteve4Life

ScubaSteve4Life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd tell you get a good one right off the bat as I have gone thru 4 skimmers now trying to find a decent one that work as I am a firm believer of the most expenseve one isn't always the best

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-bh100-hang-on-the-back-protein-skimmer-1.html
my buddy has the larger one of these and LOVES it and it works well
I know alittle more pricey than would like but I think a good choice

I think I'll probably just end up getting this skimmer but one review about this on a 30 gallon like mine said they had overflow problems. Is there a way I control overflow without buying more stuff?

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the AquaC Remora or the AquaC Remora Nano. Been using the reg one with the surface skimmer on my 29 gallon with zero complaints. It's an older style of skimmer and the design hasn't changed in over 10 years. They still sell them new so they are obviously doing something right. A used one can usually be bought for about $50-$75.

Milktooth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this skimmer in a sump and it works like a charm. Almost worth the money for the HO pump alone. It is not a HOB protein skimmer though and it is probably higher capacity with a higher profile than you would need.

Moo76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also thought of getting an Oceanic Revive t247 for $170 a bit but how well would that work with a support bar across the middle of my bowfront tank? IMG_0385.JPG

It looks exactly like this. (Google image) Am I going to have shadowing with this tank?

I may be a bit late but funny, I have the same tank set up for my son (37 bow front). Built an led light for the tank at much less cost and the corals are growing out of the thank.
FYI I don't have a skimmer running. I have a Fluval 203 and a refugium on the back running with some rubble rock and cheato. When i change the water it is crystal clear, no yellow.
Manage the budget but on a small tank the refugium over the skimmer in my opinion - lots of advantages.
Be glad to share the details - been reefing for nearly 30 years.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back