Unconventional Triton Tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
dgrigor02

dgrigor02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the 190g inwall tank. Somewhere around 2001 timeframe I suppose. After that was a 375g, then back down to 125 then a 110 then finally the 180g you see here.

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is (or was) amazing. I'm researching for my first reef tank and love both the ideas of kalkwasser and Triton. I originally thought I could do both by replacing the Ca and Alk supplements with kalkwasser but now I realise the trace elements are spread across all supplements. So I started researching alternative methods and found this. The tank is amazing. Hopefully I can work out a simple method as I am starting my tank and this motivates me.. The tank is amazing. I know for a first reef tank it is probably smarter to just stick with the standard Triton method and that is my baseline. But I have time on my hands to do the research plus I am drawn to the benefits of kalkwasser. In addition I will add livestock slowly and am happy to plan my tank so it looks amazing in a few years (instead of trying to do it all in one). That should make it easier.

Anyhow thanks so much - the tank is beautiful and your method tells me that it is possible to do something similar and (assuming I keep things stable) achieve long term results.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back