Underfed Fish

Heather w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering the same thing. That's a no no. The others may be starving him out
Another thing? How big is the tank? You're not dealing with freshwater fish. A marine tank is a whole new ballgame. At 4 months testing is VITAL gha is only going to spread by pulling it off. Only predation or physically scrubbing with hydrogen peroxide or even grinding the actual rock...but pulling it off isn't going to work. Your lighting needs an upgrade. Marine tanks need much more than you're giving it. It's NOT an excuse for having vodka in your dorm! I know that sounds catty, but do some more research and hit up mom and dad for cash for some very much needed equipment so you can have what you need for a healthy tank
Funny! This is EXACTLY my feeding schedule! NUTS!

K. Steven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 2-3 times a day with a random mix of Reef Frenzy, brine, mysis, PE pellets, NLS pellets, ON Formula 1 pellets and blackworms. I do have algae, but I don't really fear it. As long as it's not growing faster than the herbivores are grazing, I don't mind it.

Try feeding smaller amounts more frequently. You can take what you normally feed every other day and split it up into fourths, then feed this amount twice a day (or sixths and feed three times a day). It should be less stressful on the fish's digestive system to process small meals than a giant one every other day. Monitor the growth of your fish and adjust the amounts accordingly. From your post, it sounds like you may need to bump up the food to help them pack on the mass.

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal I use at least one cube of frozen fish food a day. I have 5 fish, black and white occ, yellow tang, royal gramma, citron clown and six line wrasse. I use both hikari mega marine and hikari brine shrimp. I alternate every other day and feed over 5 min so that nothing is wasted. I also use a clip and feed a little algae wafer 2 to 3 times a week. Make sure all food is eaten! Feed slowly!!

OP
OP
H

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And your Mandarin are going to suffer. They only thrive in very well established tanks. I've learned this well, and emotionally,the hard way. Do you have a sump or refugium?

My Mandarin is doing excellent, I have a thriving pod population, almost to the point where its distracting.

Was wondering the same thing. That's a no no. The others may be starving him out

So far so good, I keep a close eye on my tank especially when feeding and honestly my Starry Blenny causes more issues during feeding time than the three clowns.

Another thing? How big is the tank? You're not dealing with freshwater fish. A marine tank is a whole new ballgame. At 4 months testing is VITAL gha is only going to spread by pulling it off. Only predation or physically scrubbing with hydrogen peroxide or even grinding the actual rock...but pulling it off isn't going to work. Your lighting needs an upgrade. Marine tanks need much more than you're giving it. It's NOT an excuse for having vodka in your dorm! I know that sounds catty, but do some more research and hit up mom and dad for cash for some very much needed equipment so you can have what you need for a healthy tank

The Vodka is a joke... The tank is 30 Gallons and I disagree, testing is not vital. I am able to tell when there is an issue with the tank without testing with polyps opening/closing, stretching for light, losing color, browing out, etc. What is one thing I can test for that wont cause a noticeable issue? And after cleaning my GHA and Siphoning it, its gone. My Lighting doesnt need an upgrade. I have a Gen 4 Pro XR15 running well over 8 hours haha. And I dont need to hit up mom and dad for cash because 1, im independent and 2 I do have a healthy tank.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back