Underwater Full-Spectrum Quantum Meter

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2022
Messages
96
Reaction score
17
Location
Thailand
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guy...

I am interest in buying a Par Meter.

Which one do think is better between MQ-510 and MQ-520???

I know that MQ-520 is only Cable. But can you buy a separate monitor device or it? Or it always need to be plug to a PC?

Also, I have a Deep Pool-like Tank. I think MQ-520 is best because it's 4.5meter long cable? Or unless there is an option to order MQ-510 in a 4 meter version?

Also, does tank need to be filled with water before testing par? Or can you just test dry Tank?
 
There is a few differences in this two here is the website check them out. https://www.apogeeinstruments.com/aquarium-par-meters/
Looks like both come with 5 meter cable.
It would be best to do it with the tank full of water due to reflection and refraction.
I checked. Only USB Version which is MQ-520 is 4.5 meters. The rest are 2 meters and didn't seemed to have option to choose any different cable length, so they all had to be default at 2 meters.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new