Undulated trigger tank mates.

Draven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon and am will to upgrade and lately I've been almost obsessed with the undulated trigger. I am set on getting one but would like to know if a fimbriated moray eel is a good tank mate. I know they say nothing is with the undys however with a lot of rock work I feel like a fang tooth moray would be one of the better choices. thoughts?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a friend with a trigger, moray, and grouper together. But she has a 220, which is a much more reasonable tank size for the fish.

OP
OP
Draven

Draven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to upgrade to a 180 in my opinion that's plenty for an undy as long as you don't overstock. With undys you're pretty much forced to under stock.

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you look through my threads I have a story of a hitch hiking Undulated that made it in my 110G display. At first it was a small kitten, once puberty hit, it was destruction. Took six months and a full removal of all rock to get it out. Once out I gave it to my LFS, who in turn sold it the next day to only get a call from the buyer asking if he can give it back. It turns out in one night, it killed half the fish in his tank. For me, when it wrecked my clan of utilitarian fish, my eco system went out of whack and had algae issues and the alike. It ate over a 100 inverts.. fish.. and my rock it self. Gorgeous fish. However, it would go after me when my hand was in the tank. I’ve always been curious too how Udulated Triggers taste…

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a couple and they were OK tank mates. Larger tank and I also fed them enough so that they were growing. It also had places to completely hide out of sight by it's self. I feel that quantity and quality of food and the secure hiding places make a big difference.

OP
OP
Draven

Draven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look through my threads I have a story of a hitch hiking Undulated that made it in my 110G display. At first it was a small kitten, once puberty hit, it was destruction. Took six months and a full removal of all rock to get it out. Once out I gave it to my LFS, who in turn sold it the next day to only get a call from the buyer asking if he can give it back. It turns out in one night, it killed half the fish in his tank. For me, when it wrecked my clan of utilitarian fish, my eco system went out of whack and had algae issues and the alike. It ate over a 100 inverts.. fish.. and my rock it self. Gorgeous fish. However, it would go after me when my hand was in the tank. I’ve always been curious too how Udulated Triggers taste…
When I said I was sold that was a major exaggeration honestly. I was more "intrigued" but I've since decided I'll most likely do one of the humu triggers. Thanks for the reply I believe I've already read that thread I like to read about fish especially triggers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back