Undulated Triggerfish - damaged fin

leviticus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
4
Location
Bushnell, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm considering buying this Undulated Triggerfish from LiveAquaria's Diver's Den. It's upper fin appears torn and there is a white line on it that runs horizontally. Is this a sign of parasite or disease? I called LiveAquaria, and they couldn't provide me with any information.

lg-1101231-027.jpg
 
I would hope that if the fish had a disease//parasite, they wouldn't sell it. It looks like an injury of some sort - since its impossible to know the duration, its impossible to know whether it will heal
 
I would hope that if the fish had a disease//parasite, they wouldn't sell it. It looks like an injury of some sort - since its impossible to know the duration, its impossible to know whether it will heal
The Undulated Trigger was delivered 3 days ago, he was already healed before I received him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new