Unfortunate Absence From Hobby

GoatmealJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I used to be a semi regularly contributing member her in 2019. In 2019, In was living with my parents after college at age 24 and started a 50 gallon mostly LPS but with some SPS setup with 2x Kessil A360x blues. I have been a reefer my whole life and started with a 75 gallon setup at age 8 with my Dad. Unfortunately due to life circumstances I have been estranged from my parents and thus have lost access to my tank. They hired a terrible service that have caused almost all corals except for GSP polyps to survive. I wanted to share some pictures of my setup that I spent 2 years absolutely obsessing over. Unfortunately I dont have a permanent residence nor the money to fund a reef tank, but I wanted to share pictures of my setup that I have been missing badly.

Stock list included 2 black photon clowns (mated), a 1.5 inch blue tang I rescued from my LFS, among a Bhangi cardinal.

Live rock was aquacultured and shipped from Florida cost with tons of life and coraline algae. I truly put my whole heart into this setup and hope one day to get back into the hobby.

Reef had a 2 gallon refugium with chaeto, octopus skimmer in a 20 gallon sump with various media, vortech powerhead and a couple of tunze nano-heads (Had TONS of flow). Originally had two kessil 160's but traded them in for 2 A360x's with the controller precisely tuned.

Over the past 3 years under care of the aquarium maintnance people all fish have died, and most corals are bleached. The aquarium is currenyl a GSP jungle with nothing else along with a MASSIVE algae problem. A,l corraline is gone. The setup is a shell of what it used to be :(.

IMG_1865.PNG IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1909.JPG IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1974.JPG IMG_2436.JPG IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2588.JPG IMG_2706.JPG IMG_2737.JPG IMG_2754.JPG IMG_2755.JPG IMG_2822.JPG

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back