Unhealthy corals?

DijonMustard

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
11
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some frags. Most look fine, but my palythoa is looking funky. It has a clear, expanded coat on it. Safe to put in the tank or no?

IMG_6850.jpeg IMG_6849.jpeg
 
Scratch that, it’s certainly not good. Has got to be one of the worst things I’ve smelled in a LONG time, which is saying something given what I do on a day to day.
 
Upvote 0
How long have they been without light,think they’re fine to introduce to tank
 
Upvote 0
change the water and see how they do definitely don’t look dead
 
Upvote 0
Those look fine to me, that's what zoas often look like when they've been shipped and been without light for a while.

I wouldn't go by smell. Corals aren't known for their pleasant, floral aromas. Healthy corals often stink to high heaven.
 
Upvote 0
Those look fine to me, that's what zoas often look like when they've been shipped and been without light for a while.

I wouldn't go by smell. Corals aren't known for their pleasant, floral aromas. Healthy corals often stink to high heaven.
Alright.
Honestly, just shocked me because I’m known for dealing with the bad smells during junk like dissections and garbage in the hot summer. Very few smells really get me, but this one had me across the room gagging and crying.
Going to set them in quarantine first, just as a precaution.
 
Upvote 0
Alright.
Honestly, just shocked me because I’m known for dealing with the bad smells during junk like dissections and garbage in the hot summer. Very few smells really get me, but this one had me across the room gagging and crying.
Going to set them in quarantine first, just as a precaution.
Hopefully they recover!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new