Unidentified anemone hitchhiker

6272862829

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
4,119
Reaction score
778
Location
Clarksville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an anemone looking hitchhiker that came with my rock it does not look like aiptacia its about 1/4 inch in size and it has pinkish red tentacles and in side the mouth it has some kind of star pattern whats weird is that most time during the day it closes up but does not hide in the rock i can get a good enough picture but i will as soon as i can get one.
 
as soon as it opens up which is tonight ill snap a picture thanks for the help
 
Majanos are easier to manually remove than Aiptasia. You can usually pop their foot off the rock, using a spoon or butter knife.
 
photo 5.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 3.jpg
 
Majanos are easier to manually remove than Aiptasia. You can usually pop their foot off the rock, using a spoon or butter knife.
i been looking at pictures of mojano anemone and the have some what round tentacles this one the tentacles point straight
 
personally I would kill it unless you are willing to fish it spreading and taking over your tank....

Super glue method is easy.....wait till it opens and then fill mouth with glue....kinda hard to live when you can't eat
 
I also think I have an anemone in my tank but I don't know wat is is if its good or bad can anyone help me please.... I had recently bought a coco worm from my local lfs, there was something weird looking in the outer side of the tube but I thought it was part of the shell. A few days later I was just looking at my tank and I notice tentacles protruding form it. Can anyone help me?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new