OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tailspot is typically more of a rock dweller.
Amblyeliotris can pair with tiger or candy cane pistols, but you’ll have better success (and less of a mess) with a candy cane.
thanks so much you have really helped out a lot

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond goby is not a shrimpgoby. It also gets way to large for a 20.
Look into amblyeliotris guttata, the orange spot shrimp goby. It has a similar look to the diamond goby but is smaller. This does pair with a shrimp.
sorry to bother you again, but do you think a wheeler shrimp goby could work with the candy cane pistol shrimp instead of the orange spot goby?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to bother you again, but do you think a wheeler shrimp goby could work with the candy cane pistol shrimp instead of the orange spot goby?
Yes.
Anything in the amblyeliotris genus would work with the candy cane. My favorites are aurora and randalli.
Stonogobiops and cryptocentrus gobies also will pair with one.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could find one in stock. I’ve been looking

A pink streaked, as silly as it sounds, has been one of my dream fish for a long time. I finally got serious about finding one about 1.5- 2 years ago. It took me 11 months to finally track one down.

It was frustrating, but I did learn some stuff along the way that might be able to help you find one quicker.

Find one of your local fish stores that orders from Quality Marine. They won’t mind telling you, and most places get wrasses from QM. Once you find one that uses QM, ask them to order one for you. They will not find it called a pink streaked wrasse. QM calls them “pelvic spot” wrasses. Here is a link to the QM page to show your store.

Finally, when they open up the order webpage/portal thing where they place their fish orders, I was told that the pink streaked (pelvic spot) wrasse was under a different category/tab/list called “special order” or something like that.

Right now they are in season, so you might have a good shot in the near future. Sorry for the long post, but maybe this will help a fellow pink streaked lover.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im going to go with
1 pink streaked wrasse
1 orange spotted goby+candy cane pistol shrimp
1 tailspot blenny
1 firefish
thank you to everyone who helped! greatly appreciated :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Solid list. Just snapped a photo of my pink streaked before a water change. You’ll be happy with it!

9E3FF1B8-0C43-47D4-BA2E-794C0DB9AA32.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t currently own one however here’s a few photos of my old two. First photo is of my 2 year old guy who I lost at the beginning of April I think. Second & Third I added into the tank and never saw it again (24 days have passed).
C9CF867C-D8B8-4E54-AE84-655452317372.jpeg
F114A6F2-8F33-462E-9FF9-E27492A1F74A.jpeg
24A5F1C1-CE50-4AE2-9991-C5C461D25812.jpeg

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t currently own one however here’s a few photos of my old two. First photo is of my 2 year old guy who I lost at the beginning of April I think. Second & Third I added into the tank and never saw it again (24 days have passed).
C9CF867C-D8B8-4E54-AE84-655452317372.jpeg
F114A6F2-8F33-462E-9FF9-E27492A1F74A.jpeg
24A5F1C1-CE50-4AE2-9991-C5C461D25812.jpeg

Your original guy was beautiful!

How big is your tank? Mine was super shy and hid for a bit, but now he’s confident and swims around like my McCoskers. Maybe they are still adapting.

I do know that they are notoriously sensitive to shipping. I’ve heard the loss rate on pink streaks is really high, like only 4 out of 10 survive shipping. When I got mine I was planning on making sure the store had him for at least a few days. But I took him home after only being there for a day because he was voraciously eating in the store. Hopefully your two re-emerge and aren’t battling any type of sickness :/

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your original guy was beautiful!

How big is your tank? Mine was super shy and hid for a bit, but now he’s confident and swims around like my McCoskers. Maybe they are still adapting.

I do know that they are notoriously sensitive to shipping. I’ve heard the loss rate on pink streaks is really high, like only 4 out of 10 survive shipping. When I got mine I was planning on making sure the store had him for at least a few days. But I took him home after only being there for a day because he was voraciously eating in the store. Hopefully your two re-emerge and aren’t battling any type of sickness :/
My original died unfortunately, the second has no signs of death nor being alive and I checked everywhere.
The original’s body was discovered and taken out.
As for my tank size it’s a Red Sea Max Nano and has 9 fish (10 if the Pink Streak is living). All of the 9 fish, 2 were new and went in only last weekend to already be out and feeding.

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pink streaked, as silly as it sounds, has been one of my dream fish for a long time. I finally got serious about finding one about 1.5- 2 years ago. It took me 11 months to finally track one down.

It was frustrating, but I did learn some stuff along the way that might be able to help you find one quicker.

Find one of your local fish stores that orders from Quality Marine. They won’t mind telling you, and most places get wrasses from QM. Once you find one that uses QM, ask them to order one for you. They will not find it called a pink streaked wrasse. QM calls them “pelvic spot” wrasses. Here is a link to the QM page to show your store.

Finally, when they open up the order webpage/portal thing where they place their fish orders, I was told that the pink streaked (pelvic spot) wrasse was under a different category/tab/list called “special order” or something like that.

Right now they are in season, so you might have a good shot in the near future. Sorry for the long post, but maybe this will help a fellow pink streaked lover.
thank you for the information it will really help out!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the information it will really help out!
Also, another common name they go by is cryptic wrasse (Or something like that - I can’t exactly pin point the name over here as I use American common names that are easier to remember and not random and out of the blue).

Randomblackreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you I will let you know how it go.

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've changed my mind again:grinning-face-with-sweat:. I'm actually going to go with:
1 pink streaked wrasse
1 tailspot blenny
1 flaming prawn goby+candy cane pistol shrimp
1 royal gramma
1 purple fire fish
I know I didn't change it that much but I really like these fish. I will prob make a build thread about the tank and these guys going in(plus experiences) . Again, thankyou to anyone who help out:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've changed my mind again:grinning-face-with-sweat:. I'm actually going to go with:
1 pink streaked wrasse
1 tailspot blenny
1 royal gramma
1 purple fire fish
I know I didn't change it that much but I really like these fish. I will prob make a build thread about the tank and these guys going in(plus experiences) . Again, thankyou to anyone who help out:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Great list. Glad you dropped the clowns. One boss is enough

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 pink streaked wrasse
1 tailspot blenny
1 royal gramma
1 purple fire fish
I love the flaming “prawn” gobies however, unlike their name suggests, they do not pair with shrimp. That symbiotic relationship only occurs with Cryptocentrus, Stonogobiops, Amblyeleotris and maybe 1 other genus that I can’t think of as of yet.

Also don’t be scared if you rarely see the Flaming Prawn Goby as they’re not an extremely boisterous fish and are more of a shy fish. I have a whole article on my experience with this species and currently I’m at 5/6 months with my guy.

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the flaming “prawn” gobies however, unlike their name suggests, they do not pair with shrimp. That symbiotic relationship only occurs with Cryptocentrus, Stonogobiops, Amblyeleotris and maybe 1 other genus that I can’t think of as of yet.

Also don’t be scared if you rarely see the Flaming Prawn Goby as they’re not an extremely boisterous fish and are more of a shy fish. I have a whole article on my experience with this species and currently I’m at 5/6 months with my guy.
Oh thanks, one place told me that they didn't pair with shrimp but another said they did so I got kinda confused but thanks for telling me that. I will also make sure to check out your article I but it will help out.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh thanks, one place told me that they didn't pair with shrimp but another said they did so I got kinda confused but thanks for telling me that. I will also make sure to check out your article I but it will help out.
Yeah, their name is really off putting haha, I go with their other common name of Griessinger Goby so it doesn’t confuse people more.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back