Unknown Gem tang spot

Khoinpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3662DA39-FE66-48B7-9407-9A9070CCE59B.jpeg

Someone known what it is please help. Tje spot on my gem tang for.over a month. Thanks

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spot looks raised a bit and cottony/fibrous in texture. If so, it's probably Lymphocystis, a harmless virus. It's similar to the human herpes virus in that once you have it, you have it for life. The eruptions (cottony spots) usually occur on the fins, lateral lines and head areas.
To treat this condition, pristine water quality and a wide variety of frozen foods with proteins, fats and vitamins. Can add vitamins like Zoecon, Selcon, etc. to increase vitamin dose.

OP
OP
K

Khoinpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spot looks raised a bit and cottony/fibrous in texture. If so, it's probably Lymphocystis, a harmless virus. It's similar to the human herpes virus in that once you have it, you have it for life. The eruptions (cottony spots) usually occur on the fins, lateral lines and head areas.
To treat this condition, pristine water quality and a wide variety of frozen foods with proteins, fats and vitamins. Can add vitamins like Zoecon, Selcon, etc. to increase vitamin dose.
Thank you so much.

1251F97E-8560-427C-BAB0-6C43ECA36479.jpeg

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of that one, thanks so much for the knowledge you bring to the forum.

OP
OP
K

Khoinpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of that one, thanks so much for the knowledge you bring to the forum.
It happens after hypo treati about a month later and the spot stay like same size almost 2 month. All fish include himself health eat like pig ???

BB25B16B-3FA2-4B5F-837C-BBF06FB1A619.jpeg FCB8A89F-2D81-4EA1-B6AC-2AEDE50CECE2.jpeg

OP
OP
K

Khoinpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days after i post question on r2r . The unknown spot on my gem disappeared. ???
Few thing i did change last 2 weeks are : do hypo at 1.009 . Over dose rid-ich plus, nothing happened until i change from LED light to T5, the next day the spot gone ( see little scar). I think i just got lucky???
Thanks to Big G for very good info.

47902A71-AC59-4A28-A4DB-0D8EFC6D1CF1.jpeg

OP
OP
K

Khoinpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was Ich it’s still in your tank but the fish was healthy enough to fight it off.
Thanks for advice. I don’t think it’s ick. On my gem for about 2 months . If that was ick, without treating it already spread to other part of itself or other fish. Also so the spot look bigger and not come and go like ick. I don’t know man, wait and see what happen next.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back