Unknown Life Form

NSS

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Messages
36
Reaction score
14
Location
Switzerland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help indentify the item I circled in yellow? It has grown from nothing to this within about 10 days. It is super hard like a shell and I cannot get if off the rock with normal tweezers. I would have to use more force I think. (Don't want to bother it further until I know if it is harmfull or not). It does not move. The only thing I see from time to time is a hair like tentacle coming out of it similar to a ricordea florida that is trying to catch some dust food. Nothing else coming out or going in, even at night. This is a 2 months old tank, all parameters are within reason, only other issue is explosion of amphypods.

unknown life.jpg
 
Vermetid snail. Fill the tube with superglue. They send out a mucus string to catch food. Looks like it's irritating your zoas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new