unknown mushroom (?) coral

ileolai

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2023
Messages
60
Reaction score
64
Location
australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found a free mushroom (?) on a rock i got at my lfs. under blue light the grey bits fluoresce orange. google insists it's a rockflower anemone. I'm mostly wondering if it's safe to put in my DT after quarantine bc I don't want it stinging my fish or anything.

B0Q43vr.png
 
found a free mushroom (?) on a rock i got at my lfs. under blue light the grey bits fluoresce orange. google insists it's a rockflower anemone. I'm mostly wondering if it's safe to put in my DT after quarantine bc I don't want it stinging my fish or anything.

B0Q43vr.png
That is definitely a mushroom. I assume rhodactis mushroom though I'm bad with mushroom IDs
 
That is definitely a mushroom. I assume rhodactus mushroom though I'm bad with mushroom IDs

yeah, my first thought was rhodactis but i've never kept shrooms before, so i wasn't sure. if so, the guy at the lfs sold me a rhodactis for $1 :cool:
 
I agree Its a rhodactus looks very similar to the one I have which is a forest fire rhodactus.

thanks! it does look similar to a forest fire, altho the orange was much more subtle. i assume it will colour up as it settles in.

are forest fires peaceful? i have a nano full of softies and cynarinas and a pair of clowns
 
thanks! it does look similar to a forest fire, altho the orange was much more subtle. i assume it will colour up as it settles in.

are forest fires peaceful? i have a nano full of softies and cynarinas and a pair of clowns
Could be a blood red
1702393986439.png


Yes I've hear they are fairly aggressive but I have not had it remove itself from the rock I glued it to. Mine is also a very good eater and closes completely around the food like a balloon, very fascinating. I got him just for some orange in the tank since most of my stuff is neon yellow. No Issues with it so far and it seems pretty tough as I had it fall into a hole in a rock while trying to glue it and had to shake it out.
 
Could be a blood red
1702393986439.png


Yes I've hear they are fairly aggressive but I have not had it remove itself from the rock I glued it to. Mine is also a very good eater and closes completely around the food like a balloon, very fascinating. I got him just for some orange in the tank since most of my stuff is neon yellow. No Issues with it so far and it seems pretty tough as I had it fall into a hole in a rock while trying to glue it and had to shake it out.
thanks!

i put it in the DT today and i think it has the potential for some really nice colours. there's orange, green and blue on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new