UNS 7 Gallon (half year update)

IMG_9124.jpeg


New coral. This is a pink pulsing sinularia that is a beautiful blush color in person. Was a bit disappointed in the previous sinularia I got which i dont think is a true pulsing sinularia. But this specimen is very apparent even as a small frag
 
First fish death today, unfortunately. I was changing the water and the tailspot blenny must have jumped during that time. I noticed immediately that it was missing but sometimes it hides beneath the macroalgae. Then after a half hour, I started looking for it in the tank. I thought possibly I had scooped the blenny out with the water change and flushed it down the drain, but I would have noticed. I checked to see if it jumped and still couldn’t find it. I took one last look in a box beneath the tank and saw the fish had jumped in there. Place it back in but it was too far gone. If only it had landed on the carpet I would have seen it immediately :(

Update on corals: the pulsing sinularias and nepthea are doing real well. The lemonade stereonepthya is unfortunately regressing. I don’t think my tank is suitable for it for some reason and I may have to give it away. Will change increase the lighting to see it that helps.

Surprisingly very little algae issues. Coraline was spreading for a while around the coral plugs but seem to have stopped. So my rock is still green. Corals still not attached to my rock. it’s now been 10 months and I need to finally do it. I just need find one more coral though, which I’m going back and forth on what to choose.
 
May I ask where you got your spotted cleaner shrimp? Theyre hard to find!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new