UNS R tanks and N-Clear M rollers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seregus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seregus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
286
Reaction score
150
Location
Como
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greeting everyone,

I really started to dislike how Reef Factory roller looks like in a sump… like an alien, so I come up with idea to replace it with 3x N-Clear M (they sell one master and two slaves)… flow wise they should be good since they handle 9000+ litres and I guess I’m below it.

But not sure if they will fit … also not sure how much noise it will be…

Anyone have done similar?

Thank you!

PS: I have UNS R150, but I guess socks section should be very similar on all line?
 
So you want to replace a single roller with 3 because the single one looks like an alien? I'm kind of strange and would probably close the stand doors and not worry about looks but I'm a function over form guy. I just don't see having to change floss in 3 rollers vs 1 is an improvement unless there's s problem with the reef factory roller.
 
Well… you have to see it. How it sits. You need adapter (which is noisy).

While dropping into perfectly designed system 3 items will make it ‘look’ like they were supposed to be there.

I agree changing 3 is not as easy as one, but taking them out is easy, taking out reef factory is a quest (you need to unscrew legs while its inside).

Also I’m used to filter socks, to me 3 or 1 roller mats is not a big deal.

Also if you follow manual of Reef Factory and set sump level to where it must be… well my skimmer now is sitting on a stand and during maintenance i have almost no space in sump, water level is super high… i hope to reduce level with those too…
 
My actual question has been changed now - how noisy those will be? Reef mat is noisy because of adapter, I’m still in a process of making it a little less noisy (the adapter), but if the replacement will be noisy… well… why do i need it?
 
I have 2 N-Clear units on an IM sump. They are not noisy at all. One thing I don't love about them (I installed them a week ago) is their actual fabric is not very dense, so I'm seeing quite a bit of detritus getting through. (Also getting the right water level so it works properly used up an entire roll that's basically 90% clean. Very annoying.
 
@Seregus what did you end up doing? I was thinking about getting two of these and fitting the 3rd sock opening with a cover on my UNS
 
This is what i was told to do… still thinking about it
 
I'm considering getting 2 of them for my R120. I had nothing but headaches with the smart roller m. The adapter was always noisy and when I got it to be quiet it messed with my water flow and display tank level to much. Getting the unit out was a chore. I went back to filter socks for now. I have like 20 of them and it's faster and easier for me to just swap em out every week. But these N Clear M rollers really have my interest. No adapter needed and seem to work really well
 
I'm considering getting 2 of them for my R120. I had nothing but headaches with the smart roller m. The adapter was always noisy and when I got it to be quiet it messed with my water flow and display tank level to much. Getting the unit out was a chore. I went back to filter socks for now. I have like 20 of them and it's faster and easier for me to just swap em out every week. But these N Clear M rollers really have my interest. No adapter needed and seem to work really well
I added two of them to my eshopps MP100. They seem to be working well but it's only been a week since I added them.

PXL_20260926_140438754.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new